Hagi

ForeverBlue92

1 hour ago, the old guard said:

Recycle for a solid left back.

If the price is right, and it improves the team I'd sell almost any player.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I sometimes wonder if this site likes any Rangers players.

Every single player who has an off day is ripped to pieces. 

Put down as a "serial loser" or a "coward".

Harsh crowd.

Wonder if they treat their friends and family that way.:sad:

I’d keep him and while maybe not a nailed on starter I would have him playing a bigger role.

He can be frustrating as fuck at times but is also capable of doing things very few others in our squad can in terms of vision and passing which could be crucial when it comes to facing packed defences.

Think a lot of folks opinions are based on the time he was pushed out wide under Gerrard latterly and Gio; it’s obvious he doesn’t have the pace to play that role, but the more central role dropping deep and linking up play Lammers was playing last night is ideal for him.

He’s not quick, but against a “low-block” he has that invention that few others do. 

One of these players who is frustrating to watch and often a 6/7 out of 10, but finishes the game with either a goal or an assist more often than not. You need players like him! 

Doubt he’ll feature much in European games, so we either need to give him the chance domestically or sell him. He’s well known around Europe so we’ll get a decent fee for him, but he’s also on decent wages we can’t just have sitting on the bench every week. 

22 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If the price is right, and it improves the team I'd sell almost any player.

Every single player who has an off day is ripped to pieces. 

Put down as a "serial loser" or a "coward".

Harsh crowd.

Wonder if they treat their friends and family that way.:sad:

Certainly wouldnt call him a coward or a serial loser, just think we have better number tens than him and hes not great in wide areas, the friends and family pish is exactly that,  pish.

14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its amazing when people downplay hagi for his lack of pace when they watch our slow ass fucking tactics and the positional play of our number tens

Lammers for example wasnt breaking any speed records the other night either 

I know the new signings need a chance, but i’m not convinced by Lammers at all mate.

14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its amazing when people downplay hagi for his lack of pace when they watch our slow ass fucking tactics and the positional play of our number tens

Lammers for example wasnt breaking any speed records the other night either 

Yip usual pish about pace yet when Matondo and Sakala have pace they are shite because they dont have xyz. Unless we sign 10 million pound players I doubt any attributes will be half

decent 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I know the new signings need a chance, but i’m not convinced by Lammers at all mate.

He defo has good footwork, looks like he could dribble by you in a phone box, but so far ive not seen that burst of pace that's needed to get away from someone once he's skinned them

And that miss............... 

2 hours ago, the old guard said:

Certainly wouldnt call him a coward or a serial loser, just think we have better number tens than him and hes not great in wide areas, the friends and family pish is exactly that,  pish.

I wasn't referring to Hagi in particular. 

I was just stating what other players have been called on here.

I like Hagi. He has great vision and can provide a wee moment of magic that can turn a game.

It's stupid playing him wide as you say. Clearly doesn't have the pace for it 

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I wasn't referring to Hagi in particular. 

I was just stating what other players have been called on here.

I like Hagi. He has great vision and can provide a wee moment of magic that can turn a game.

It's stupid playing him wide as you say. Clearly doesn't have the pace for it 

Said it when we signed him, see if we played him as a central number ten who both links with the striker and feeds the ball through to the wider attacking mids, he'd have been a fantastic player for us and probably worth 8 figures by now, instead gerrard and co did what they did with a lot of players and try shoe horn them into roles they aren't good at

Look at Itten, season before joining us bangs in 20 goals in 36 domestic games, as part of a front 2, we try to play him as a fucking inside ten oe a lone striker to chase through balls (malmo away was an absolute disgrace how we set up), season after leaving us bangs in 23 goals in 39 gamea including european games

Since gerrard arrived we have a nasty habit of thinking we can make playera play out of position and it will work, and it really fucking hasnt

32 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Said it when we signed him, see if we played him as a central number ten who both links with the striker and feeds the ball through to the wider attacking mids, he'd have been a fantastic player for us and probably worth 8 figures by now, instead gerrard and co did what they did with a lot of players and try shoe horn them into roles they aren't good at

Look at Itten, season before joining us bangs in 20 goals in 36 domestic games, as part of a front 2, we try to play him as a fucking inside ten oe a lone striker to chase through balls (malmo away was an absolute disgrace how we set up), season after leaving us bangs in 23 goals in 39 gamea including european games

Since gerrard arrived we have a nasty habit of thinking we can make playera play out of position and it will work, and it really fucking hasnt

Some players can play serveral roles. But as you say, shoehorning a player into a position not suited to his abilities is foolhardy.

Crazy how some managers buy a player and try to make make them into something they aren't  and almost always end up nuliffying their natural talent. 

18 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Some players can play serveral roles. But as you say, shoehorning a player into a position not suited to his abilities is foolhardy.

Crazy how some managers buy a player and try to make make them into something they aren't  and almost always end up nuliffying their natural talent. 

Can you imagine prime mccoist in this team, we'd have him dropping deep and running the channels covering for tav or borna 🤣🤣

7 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Agreed, if you take a proper no9 and try move him wider he doesnt score for a few games his head goes down. Loses form then gets dropped. Thats what worries me now we have dessers, danilo and roofe available now so he must play 2 up top imo.

Against servette 5-6 players were warming up in front of east enclosure, Hagi being one of them, others were just going through the motions stretching etc, he was definitely doing a more intense warm up than any of the other subs. Only a small thing but his attitude impressed me.

16 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

Against servette 5-6 players were warming up in front of east enclosure, Hagi being one of them, others were just going through the motions stretching etc, he was definitely doing a more intense warm up than any of the other subs. Only a small thing but his attitude impressed me.

I'd just love for him to get a few starts in a row and truly get to see where he is at, otherwise if we aren't going to do that I agree with most he is too valuable to just keep on the bench and we should sell.

No doubt we will be involved in a lot of turgid games in the league this season so having him at least as one of the 5 subs to come on and at least try something different other than relying on a Tav set piece, corner, penalty or cross would be good