Hagi

ForeverBlue92

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Beales marked his card, dropped him from euro squad, and now Hagi has had a bite back publicly.

No-one is winning, time to move him on before the window shuts.

I still think we lose. I think it’s got loan move written all over it. 

Hagi isn’t a stupid boy. I actually think his comments at the weekend were his attempt to start engineering an exit.

20 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Still living off the Braga game, decent goal and a deflected free kick, I never saw it with Hagi, don't care if I never see him play for us again tbh. 

Plus the pass over the top to Kent for the winner the following week.

Hagi’s career at Rangers peaked when he got here and has gone backwards ever since. He’s the Benjamin Button of football.

Hagi really polarises our support. He made plenty of important contributions after his initial loan period. Couple of examples off the top of my head: he was crucial to us beating Galatasary to qualify for the Europa at Ibrox, he scored a winner at home to Hibs in December of the 55 season. But he has always had games, or a stretch of games where he is way below par. Like the first half of 21/22 he was desperately poor at times. 

It's been clear since the summer we've been looking to move on from him, and that's fine. I don't think he's consistent enough. The problem comes when our new signing in his position doesn't look any better than him - which can also inflate people's opinion of what he can contribute. 

29 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Hagi really polarises our support. He made plenty of important contributions after his initial loan period. Couple of examples off the top of my head: he was crucial to us beating Galatasary to qualify for the Europa at Ibrox, he scored a winner at home to Hibs in December of the 55 season. But he has always had games, or a stretch of games where he is way below par. Like the first half of 21/22 he was desperately poor at times. 

It's been clear since the summer we've been looking to move on from him, and that's fine. I don't think he's consistent enough. The problem comes when our new signing in his position doesn't look any better than him - which can also inflate people's opinion of what he can contribute. 

Tbf the games you mentioned were after he signed permanently. He was average in his loan spell 

59 minutes ago, Swagger said:

I’d take Hagi over Lammers all day long. We might actually get a decent fee for Hagi and he’ll probably go on to do quite well somewhere. 

We’ll be stuck with Lammers for long enough. 

I would take neither ! Both are fuckin rotten. 

I've said before I like Hagi but he's never nailed a place in the first team for whatever reasons, we can't ignore for a while when he was getting more minutes he didn't look great. I think the argument people are using is in the very few minutes he's had this season he looked better than Lammers but I think that's unfair too.

34 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tbf the games you mentioned were after he signed permanently. He was average in his loan spell 

Aye, that's what I meant. His loan spell I think he must have played about 10 games because of COVID? But people act like he's only had the highs of the Braga games across his entire career here when that's not the case.

He was good during 55, but still inconsistent. It's been ages since his best spell for us, though. That can't be argued and it's questionable that he'll ever reach that level again because of the injury. Also debatable if he was to reach that level again if it's even good enough for where we are now.

Beale more or less confirming that he'll be away.

I don't think it's a ridiculous decision, I don't think 20 mins against Morton in the cup does much to change the fact that that was always the plan from the beginning of the summer to move him on. However, I do feel there is still a lack of quality of in the squad. 

The fact that after our big rebuild where we were supposed to come back as a strong team ready to go and win the title and we're going into a Champions League play off round hoping that Matondo and Hagi are in the starting line up is an incredibly damning indictment.

We're going to struggle if we don't bring in another winger to the club this window. And it needs to be a good one. Use the Sakala and Hagi money to bring in another top player.