*****Official Rangers vs PSV thread*****

graeme_4

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

I never thought I'd say this, but here goes:

I'm glad to see Matondo included in the squad and I hope he starts tomorrow, if we don't go 3 at the back. I watched bits of their game at the weekend and they give up a lot of space in behind their full backs. It's the place to hurt them and he's the only one with pace we can get in behind.

can you imagine had you posted that 2 games back? 

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

What was it that I was saying earlier on about people using anything Beale does and latching on to to prove their opinion correct…

You know my opinion on Beale I think he's useless I have seen nothing so far from him to change that opinion.

I prefer honesty rather than snideness from posters as I'm sure most do.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

totally agree he knew what he was doing and tbh, everything about him is odd just now. New deal because old one was apparently up this summer - despite being announced as 2024 originally, Beale saying he'd have a big part to play then not giving him a sniff and then his presser. Get the feeling the club are trying to push him out the door since he *should* attract a decent fee.

My gut feeling is that Beale got his transfer cash up front to get players in urgently, but that it's got to be almost net even with cash coming in and we're now selling players we know there's buyers for to get those fees in now.

Not the ones we'd punt in an ideal world, but the ones we can get money for now. Kamara still being here won't be helping.

14 hours ago, MillwallLoyal said:

3-4-1-2 for me. 

Butland

Goldson    Souttar    Balogun

Tav      Cifuentes     Raskin     Barisic

Cantwell

Dessers                   Danilo

Start with this team and we might actually have a chance.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

You know my opinion on Beale I think he's useless I have seen nothing so far from him to change that opinion.

I prefer honesty rather than snideness from posters as I'm sure most do.

You don’t rate Beale, everybody knows it, I don’t particularly rate him either tbh. The difference is you go out of your way to try and put a negative slant on absolutely everything he does, and oddly enough turn snidey as fuck in your replies, whenever anybody debates you and starts getting the better of you in that debate.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes, but it seems it's Beales ball just now even when most supporters you talk to think he's bloody clueless.

the manager seems to be sticking by his signings even when poor and this is in part arrogance in trying to prove himself right. I do hope he’s right and I’m way off the mark but sadly I feel a scudding coming up. I will be there though back him and the team.

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Players don't tend to come out publicly and say they disagree with the Manager's decisions, but will accept and respect them, and that they don't have anything to prove to anyone.

Only one way it goes from there IMO (the way it has been going in for weeks, tbf).

The guy wants to play and he’s frustrated. I’d be more disappointed if it looked like he didn’t give a fuck. 

Disagreeing with a decision but still respecting it seems completely fine to me.

12 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Players don't tend to come out publicly and say they disagree with the Manager's decisions, but will accept and respect them, and that they don't have anything to prove to anyone.

Only one way it goes from there IMO (the way it has been going in for weeks, tbf).

That's why you don't put a player who's barely playing in front of the media. One of the very first questions anyone will be asking is 'What's your thoughts on your game-time or lack of it?'

I understand why Matondo is getting a bit of praise, but his finishing is worse than Kent's and (correct me if I'm wrong), but I don't think he has scored for us yet. We need to take our chances tomorrow when they come and I would have more faith in Hagi to bury one than Matondo.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not surprised about Hagi being dropped and i can see why it happened.

Whatever your thoughts on Matondo he is the only player who is a different type to other forwards.

Hagi would be in my squad every day of the week before Lammers and Dowell.

14 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Calling the manager a wank then saying a couple of posts later that he'll back him 😂

He is a wank but come tomorrow I can’t be doing anything else but back him or would you prefer if I was shouting he’s a wank all through the game 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s not going to be in squad ahead of two summer signings the manager has brought in esp when one was for big money.

Yes I know that, I was giving my opinion because I think both the players I mentioned have shown nothing as far as I'm concerned.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's why you don't put a player who's barely playing in front of the media. One of the very first questions anyone will be asking is 'What's your thoughts on your game-time or lack of it?'

I think Hagi is probably more media trained than most but yes don’t put out a guy who hasn’t featured much as you’re setting him up for a fall.