*****The Official PSV Eindhoven v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

Weak midfield allowing overloads attacking us particularly down right. Couple of chances to turn moments into proper chances and quality wasn't there, chances spurned.

We're by far 2nd best. Not sure options on bench going to change anything.

Fear them scoring 2 or 3 tbh.

Just now, The Beast said:

They are a good side, very technically proficient but they are very far from a great side. Defensively they are very suspect but we need to do more to test that.

No one said they are a great side though. They are technically very good and control the pace of the game well while keeping the ball off us at will.

They are levels above us and that's clear.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

PSV have not been in the competition for 5 years. People are massively overhyping them.

Aye they are bang average to be honest. I imagine they'll get a doing in the groups if they go through 

2 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

I mean they’re a good side but we’re making them look world class here - matondo is the only outball but pace isn’t enough, he can’t beat a man at this level.  We need to stop letting them play long low balls through our entire team, some of it is amateur stuff.

realistically though even if we somehow got the result we’d be minced in the champions league 

we have just a few players who can consistently show up these level of games the rest struggle at spfl level

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

PSV have not been in the competition for 5 years. People are massively overhyping them.

We’ve competed with teams as good as them, the difference tonight is we have no cohesion, no passing ability and no striker holding the ball up and winning fouls etc to get us up the park. 

2 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Beale has spent a fortune on strikers and Dessers looks shit, Danilo can't get a game and our best striker isn't even in the squad. Matondo should have been left as an impact sub. Beale always seems to pick the wrong team in big games.

Starting cifuentes on the right was a big blunder, all the signs were there last week he just cant cope and offers tav  absolutely no help.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Sad but we look like a bunch of journeymen 

umm we pretty much are. Kinda what happens when you have to shop in the markets we do. 

People need to be realistic here, it is clear we have not been at our best this season and things still need to click into place. I get peoples frustrations but fuck me its like people are expecting us to be coasting 3-0 regardless of the opposition. They are on a completely different level in terms of finances and quality of player on the pitch and even then they are not an 'elite' champions league team. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Nah not for me. They are a good side, some really excellent young players like Bakayoko who have a bit of class about them.

Nothing average about them imo

I get they are wankers and all that but no point pretending  

Yeah they’re a good side. Veerman, Saibari, Sangare have all played very well. The amount of first time passes they play is ridiculous, none of them are taking a touch to control it which is catching us out. 

Gotta go for it now, get Danilo on for Matondo and see if he can get any more joy against Tete. 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Id definitely put Cantwell further back. We need him on the ball more.

Agreed, with Sima for Cifu as he's not been in the game anyway. I suspect it'll be Jack instead

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Despite being under intense pressure in that half , Barisic has barely put a foot wrong

Was great until the last five minutes, apart from his pass to Matondo

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Same every year. Young Boys, Spartak etc all CL clubs despite barely playing in it