Dessers

BigBearButt

7 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Basically because in Beale’s ‘system’ whatever that was Colak got next to no service so looked absolutely useless and wasn’t the type of player who’d ever suit being isolated up top in Europe or against the scum. 

So we punted him to sign a guy who would look absolutely useless playing for Albion Rovers……..

Colak pretty much suffered from being the guy who replaced Morelos because he played nothing like him 

Even before Beale, Colak seemed to be not trusted even though he scored. I thought he was a better all round player than Boyd, and a player who could actually play in Europe. 

Shouldn't of been sold and the fee we got for him was obscene. Imagine Shankland will go for more than we got which he should. That talks more about how desperate we were to get a proven goalscorer out the door than anything else. 

Wild when Morelos hadnt played like Morelos in over a year. 

when we had good poachers we won titles, mccoist, boyd spring to mind, i know the idea of a modern day forward is he can run a defence ragged himself, bring other into it and score, but a good old fashioned centre forward scored goals and did little else, colak was that man and beale got rid for a donkey who cant do anything.

On 09/10/2023 at 22:26, Jamie0202 said:

The season before last this guy scored 10 goals in the Europa Conference league. Whilst obviously the lower end of European competitions the opposition he scored against were no mugs.

1 goal against Union Berlin

4 goals against Slavia Prague

1 goal against Maccabi Haifa

2 goals against Partizan Belgrade

2 goals against Marseille

Averaged a goal every 76 minutes aswell which is phenomenal. Where the fuck is that player and who have we bought? 😂 

The goals need a bit of context though a few good ones in there but he also gets lucky a good amount and even has another classic shot that bounces off his back and flies in the other corner haha.

The biggest concern for me though is he seems to have totally lost a few yards of pace since his last injury.

6 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

The goals need a bit of context though a few good ones in there but he also gets lucky a good amount and even has another classic shot that bounces off his back and flies in the other corner haha.

The biggest concern for me though is he seems to have totally lost a few yards of pace since his last injury.

Agreed he looks slower now. 👍

11 hours ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Even before Beale, Colak seemed to be not trusted even though he scored. I thought he was a better all round player than Boyd, and a player who could actually play in Europe. 

Shouldn't of been sold and the fee we got for him was obscene. Imagine Shankland will go for more than we got which he should. That talks more about how desperate we were to get a proven goalscorer out the door than anything else. 

Wild when Morelos hadnt played like Morelos in over a year. 

He started every qualifying game, half our group games and he played 60+ minutes in every league game under GVB apart from his last game when he was injured, don’t know how that would be looked at as him not being trusted.

Morelos was playing like ‘Morelos’ earlier that year as well before he got injured.

20 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

I think he actually looks brilliant there. Even some of the ones the opposition gifted him he still had work to do to finish it off. Hopefully a new manager can get him back to that level or based on his previous ability someone takes him off our hands in January. 

Do we think fitness can play a part in him looking so bad?

watching that video he closes down the keeper a few times and also runs away from defenders, he actually looked quite quick, not matondo quick but quick enough, but with us he looks slow and cumbersome. He was injured just before coming to us I'm sure and if you look at other players in our team who used to be ultra fit when Gerrard was here and regularly complete 120 minutes in europe then go again at the weekend, they dont look anywhere near as fit now. Did Beales coaching ruin fitness levels in the team and in turn make it hard for Dessers to get back upto speed after his injury? . Weve seen Tav go backward in fitness levels, Lundstram is another, but also players getting injured far easier.

clutching at straws with Dessers maybe but fitness levels do look much worse during and after Beales time here.

15 minutes ago, ExiledWeegie123 said:

watching that video he closes down the keeper a few times and also runs away from defenders, he actually looked quite quick, not matondo quick but quick enough, but with us he looks slow and cumbersome. He was injured just before coming to us I'm sure and if you look at other players in our team who used to be ultra fit when Gerrard was here and regularly complete 120 minutes in europe then go again at the weekend, they dont look anywhere near as fit now. Did Beales coaching ruin fitness levels in the team and in turn make it hard for Dessers to get back upto speed after his injury? . Weve seen Tav go backward in fitness levels, Lundstram is another, but also players getting injured far easier.

clutching at straws with Dessers maybe but fitness levels do look much worse during and after Beales time here.

I don't think he can handle the level of expectation. He has a bad game, the supporters get on his back, his confidence drops ad infinitum. 

He doesn't appear to have the strength of character to break the cycle. 

On 09/10/2023 at 23:02, BlueSuedeSambas said:

“Dessers is a very opportunistic player. If he’s not in form, or when the confidence is not there, he’s a very limited player. Then you think, ‘Who the hell did we sign here!’ But when the guy has confidence then you think, ‘Woah! Where is this coming from?’. Because when he’s playing at his best he does everything on instinct. He waits for his prey and then he attacks.”

“But, for me, he’s a player who, when he’s feeling comfortable and the manager believes in him, he can add a lot of value. But it all depends on if he’s feeling good. If he feels good he’ll give Rangers a lot of pleasure. But it can also go the other way.”

I’m not getting my hopes up, but let’s hope that the new manager can get his confidence up and make him feel comfortable enough so that he starts performing. :ang:

Agreed, I am giving him, Lammers and even Cifuentes another chance given we have a new manager coming in. 

2 hours ago, ExiledWeegie123 said:

That injury he picked up late last season at Cremonese has fucked him. Looks to have lost half a yard of pace and I imagine he’s playing through it, which isn’t helping him 

10 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Turn for second goal in particular is lovely. Looks a bit trimmer I would say then explains loss of any pace

10 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Look at his clubs and his record. He is fucking dog shit. One purple patch in the third tier European competition is the reason why that cunt shelled out £4m + wages on him. He will never, ever be good enough to make it here. 

IMG_0071.jpeg

It isn't a great record but worth noting that that table only shows league goals. There's 35 goals missing between cup games and Europe. Agree that I don't think he'll make it here. Would love to be proven wrong. 

Our interest should have ended back when Gerrard was interested in him not years down the line.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/four-years-in-the-making-cyriel-dessers-rangers-move-and-the-strikers-lineage-dream-4215446&ved=2ahUKEwiJwJ_O2_CBAxVRTkEAHTy7BesQFnoECB4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3jjaBZaTEjHhfn0A0uEQHJ

I really don't want to believe Beale only went for him as he was someone who'd been highlighted by his then boss but it does look that way.

Brutal. Beale looking like a bigger clown day by day for signing this guy.... I could understand if he had a decent record but just wasn't gelling with the team BUT he doesn't have a good record and doesn't have any strengths! I thought he would at least be a big target man that could bully defences and hold the ball up but he's not even good at that!! At least Alfie was still pretty effective at that and could pick out a decent pass even in his last season here...

12 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Brutal. Beale looking like a bigger clown day by day for signing this guy.... I could understand if he had a decent record but just wasn't gelling with the team BUT he doesn't have a good record and doesn't have any strengths! I thought he would at least be a big target man that could bully defences and hold the ball up but he's not even good at that!! At least Alfie was still pretty effective at that and could pick out a decent pass even in his last season here...

It certainly looks that way....I'm sure we scouted Lammers under Gerrard aswell.....it feels like lazy signings