Dessers

BigBearButt

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Sterling’s our best player.

A last minute equaliser, which was a good goal, doesn’t change the fact he’s still not good enough.

11 Sterlings and we win everything (including in goal) He’s a few rough edges but has energy and commitment that the Cantwells of this world could only dream of .

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

11 Sterlings and we win everything (including in goal) He’s a few rough edges but has energy and commitment that the Cantwells of this world could only dream of .

I thought the levels went up noticeably when he was brought on. Personally I'd have Barron and Sterling in my midfield, with the 3rd being a lucky dip.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Forwards will miss chances we do need better but I don't think he's a major issue for now shankland is a better finisher but does he make the runs etc dessers makes I have my doubts. 

Goals win games and titles. I'd have shankland over him all day long 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

11 Sterlings and I don't know where the goals come from. He played a large chunk of his games last season in the wide forward areas and scored 1 goal. 1 goal all season. I like his energy and he gives us a bit of dig but if an outfield player who scores 1 goal all season is our best player we truly are in a worse place than I thought. 

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

11 Sterlings and I don't know where the goals come from. He played a large chunk of his games last season in the wide forward areas and scored 1 goal. 1 goal all season. I like his energy and he gives us a bit of dig but if an outfield player who scores 1 goal all season is our best player we truly are in a worse place than I thought. 

Wild stab in the dark here but I'd guess "sterling"

3 hours ago, theiconicman said:

I thought the levels went up noticeably when he was brought on. Personally I'd have Barron and Sterling in my midfield, with the 3rd being a lucky dip.

Diomande playing where Lawrence was and its a decent midfield with a good balance

2 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Goals win games and titles. I'd have shankland over him all day long 

Kind of missing the point that Dessers creates many of his chances with his runs and timing but then misses them because of his finishing.

As a team we create very few clear cut chances for our CF (especially considering how much we dominate most games) so it is all very well saying “Shankland would have buried that” but it misses the point would he have been in the position in the first place?

Take the attempted lob Dessers misses against Hearts. He times the run very well and his first touch to control the pass is good, I am not sure Shankland makes that run and / or takes that touch.

That being said Shankland (or another striker) might link up play better, give us more of an option in behind with pace, or be more of a target for cross balls.

7 hours ago, King Jela said:

Old age is playing tricks on me, did he not have to do a lot to even get that on target?

It's the there is always a reason to discredit what he's done syndrome.

Common with players that the forum has turned on.

He's by far and away the best striker we have, he feeds on scraps most games and his goal return is brilliant.

If he finished every chance he had, he wouldn't be at us, he'd be in a top 5 league club winning the golden boot every year.

His movement creates his chances, gets some amount of undue stick from the fans.

16 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

He's by far and away the best striker we have, he feeds on scraps most games and his goal return is brilliant.

If he finished every chance he had, he wouldn't be at us, he'd be in a top 5 league club winning the golden boot every year.

His movement creates his chances, gets some amount of undue stick from the fans.

It’s certainly not brilliant.

23 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

He's the only striker we have (fit) currently

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s certainly not brilliant.

Compared to who we've had in the recent history, it's class.

Morelos was a cult hero with the fans and in Dessers first season he got more goals than Morelos did in the vast majority of his time here, with a squad of players that most agree is absolute shite and needs replaced...

He misses chances, he can be a pain in the arse to watch but he scores and we're a better team with him in the starting 11.

Just now, Albertz85 said:

He's the only striker we have (fit) currently

Danilo is 'fit', he's not match sharp aye but in the 45 minutes against Birmingham, he showed why he'll never fit into our style of play.

Clement seems to like a striker to link the play with the wingers/10, he needs that player to press, Danilo does none of that, he's more of a run in behind/poacher.

Twice we've needed a goal & twice he's stayed on the bench, should show how much Clement rates him.

The haircut thing doesn't even surprise anyone, he's clearly a top guy who gets a real hard time. Some of it is a bit over the top but on the field he's as frustrating a player as we've ever seen and there's certainly a big list of them. But if he pops up with important goals then it shuts everyone up which to be honest, we all want cause then it means we win games 

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

@ForeverAndEversurely even your cold, dead heart is struggling no to like Dessers a wee bit?

Bet you justify it as it was only a Turkish barbers and Dessers got his "ace of fades" loyalty card stamped twice.

No really, no.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Compared to who we've had in the recent history, it's class.

Morelos was a cult hero with the fans and in Dessers first season he got more goals than Morelos did in the vast majority of his time here, with a squad of players that most agree is absolute shite and needs replaced...

He misses chances, he can be a pain in the arse to watch but he scores and we're a better team with him in the starting 11.

Is it really? He has 5 goals more than Colak 17 more games, it’s hardly class.

Morelos came in as a 20 year old, who couldn’t speak the language, and was a complete bastard, who almost single handedly carried us at points, that’s why he’s a cult hero.