Beale Sacked

Broxi

He did a terrible job but I think more of my annoyance is at the people who appointed him in the first place. 

He talked his way into a huge job but he was never qualified for it and the people who appointed him should have been able to see through his speel to his lack of experience and success as a manager. 

If any one of us was offered a great job that we weren't qualified to do, we would all do what Beale done and accept it with the belief we could learn.

The problem we have now is whoever lands the manager job is going to need time as this squad that he will inherit are duds, Beale has spent a fortune on a shower of shite except the keeper, its going to take a while , a magician couldnt turn some of these duds into players.

5 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

The problem we have now is whoever lands the manager job is going to need time as this squad that he will inherit are duds, Beale has spent a fortune on a shower of shite except the keeper, its going to take a while , a magician couldnt turn some of these duds into players.

Im not fully convinced theyre all duds - I want to see them playing under a manager with a decent game plan and an eye for tactics 

3 minutes ago, Ambrogio said:

Think a lot of the personal abuse comes from anger at the situation we find ourself in . Not justifying it but caring about the club as we all do and see the state it’s in it’s easy to lose your temper .

My anger is in sanctioning big money for signing Dessers and Lammers.

Somebody in charge of the £££ should be looking at their CVs and showing concern. These weren't £800k squad filler signings we might take a punt on.

7 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

There's 31 games to go and 3 Old Firms, you can't ask for realism when saying the league's gone already, the tim's are nowhere near as strong as they were last season, now I'm not saying that automatically gets us closer to them but I'm not writing us off after seven League games.

Momentum is a huge thing in sport, we get a good manager in who can get a system and a tune out of these players then we'll be capable of giving them a challenge, the PSV & Betis home games gave us an indication of what this team can do, coached and set up properly then it's all to play for.

Realistically though we’re 8 points behind counting GD. And we still have the OF away where a draw/defeat is most likely.

This doesn’t look like a squad of players that are have chucked it or gave up on the manager.

It looked like a marriage of poor tactics and lack of quality. A new manager can change the former.

But a midfield of Jack, Lundstrum and Cifu is still a midfield of Jack, Lundstrum and Cifu..

When we lost the leagues under Gio. I always felt we had some quality there that if he could get them playing or motivated we could go on a run.

Guys like Morelos, Kent, Kamara are levels above what we have now if a manager got them firing. But they never did.

And you add in that guys like Tav and Barisic were much more mobile. Bassey, Aribo, Davis, Helander etc.

We’re miles off it quality wise from even the squads that lost of earlier seasons. And 100% agree. This celtic team is far far worse than they were.

This isn’t a quick turnaround job. A new manager needs to find 4-5 quality players to get us where we need to be.

That’s several years in a row of shambolic recruitment. 

Just now, Badger said:

Somebody in charge of the £££ should be looking at their CVs and showing concern

Issue is no one above Beale had any football knowledge at all. They let him run with whatever he felt best.

33 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I genuinely feel for the guy this was the job he wanted but it's turned it his worst nightmare. Be interesting to see where he goes next. 

Back to being an analyst for his beloved São Paulo, that’s his level. 

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Somebody in charge of the £££ should be looking at their CVs and showing concern. These weren't £800k squad filler signings we might take a punt on.

Absolutely agree mate however everyone - myself included were saying he needs backed . With the signings of raskin ( Ano he had be sounded out before Beales appointment) and cantwell in January I thought maybe he has got an eye for a player . Obviously I was wrong about that , the dessers and lammers signings are crazy . Can’t even say well they were doing well at previous clubs it’s just no worked out here . It was clear looking at the history of both players they were never going to be good enough .

39 minutes ago, shaka said:

He did a terrible job but I think more of my annoyance is at the people who appointed him in the first place. 

He talked his way into a huge job but he was never qualified for it and the people who appointed him should have been able to see through his speel to his lack of experience and success as a manager. 

If any one of us was offered a great job that we weren't qualified to do, we would all do what Beale done and accept it with the belief we could learn.

We shouldn’t have allowed Wilson and Robertson to hire him, when we likely already knew they were both on their way out. 

In hindsight, an interim manager last time would’ve made a lot of sense. Give us time to make the board changes, get a DOF replacement lined up, put the scouting network in place. 

Instead we allowed two fucking muppets in Wilson and Robertson, to hire a man completely under qualified for the role, then gave him free rein with our biggest transfer budget in over a decade. It’s not really a surprise it’s gone this badly when you look at it…

18 minutes ago, Badger said:

Dessers you could argue had a good pedigree, finishing as top scorer in the Conference League, scoring for a godawful side in Serie A, plus some good seasons in the Dutch league. 

Lammers never made any sense. A player who has scored 9 goals in the previous 4 seasons. We let Kent go because he didn’t produce numbers, then sign a forward who had worse stats, for a decent transfer fee, who plays the same position as one of our best players (Cantwell). 

For anyone who has watched moneyball, my favourite scene is where the coaches are round the table talking about how to replace Giambi. You have all the old coaches talking up players because they look good, swing well, nice action etc, when the problem is you need to replace the runs and output he had. 

We’ve fallen into that trap. Lammers looks like a decent player, has nice control, can shoot with both feet, technical player etc. BUT, he can’t produce or score for shit. We lost goals from Colak, Sakala and replaced them with players who look tidier but don’t produce anything meaningful. 

12 hours ago, The Archer said:

Only just found this out now  best for the Club.

It’s been a long day after getting that call from the hospital that I need to come.

My Dad played post war for clydebank and for Dumbarton.His side of the family were owners of Dumbarton until recently

Sleep well Dad thanks for everything and all those days at Ibrox ❤️💔💔💔💔

Condolences Mate. 

47 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

This is my fear too, but holding out onto some hope that some of them are salvageable.  I think the only ones to rule out of any sort of redemption are Dessers and Lammers probably.  Though I suspect Dowell will be injured constantly and Sterling may be rubbish but not seen enough to say.

I'm personally more worried about replacing Tav, getting a couple of new CB's and some decent wide players. 

He was found out to be a bullshitter. All talk and no substance.

He lacked the integrity and experience to be a Rangers manager and has been found out, albeit after blowing a fortune in the transfer market.

The board couldn't see through his bluster and are ultimately responsible for hiring him and the situation we now find ourselves in.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He was found out to be a bullshitter. All talk and no substance.

He lacked the integrity and experience to be a Rangers manager and has been found out, albeit after blowing a fortune in the transfer market.

The board couldn't see through his bluster and are ultimately responsible for hiring him and the situation we now find ourselves in.

Is that Warburton, Caixinha, or Beale you're talking about there? 

(slightly unfair on warburton he didn't get a fortune to blow) 

Wilson and Robertson probably knew their coats were on a shaky peg, they literally didn't give a flying fuck about appointing Beale.

Wilson to Robertson

"Hey stu, our fans actually believe Michael was the brains behind Gerrard. Let's run with that ideology"

Robertson "Yeah, great idea, we will be offski when the shit hits the fan anyway"

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Bisgrove, being a marketing man is likely to go for someone like Lampard, in the same vein as they hired Gerrard.

All the initial fanfare and PR opportunities etc etc.

I hope to fuck I'm wrong.

I hope we don't go for a Lampard type. 

Only time he's done ok (ish) is when Chelsea were under a transfer embargo. Strikes me as a big name for the sake of it.