Lammers

Technically competent but offers nothing else. If you were a scout, knowing we had Hagi, Lowry coming through (even Arfield at the time) in similar positions I fail to understand what the brief was or what was seen in him to think he was going to come in and improve us. 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Nonsense

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Fuck me. If this take was a footballer it would be Sam Lammers.

It was tongue in cheek to an extent.

But lammers like Kent is/was not worth the transfer fee we paid. Yes you can say Kent paid for his with some important goals but turning up 1 game in 10 isn't good enough. The superstar Kent can't even get a game at his new club.

He obviously has some talent, but he really flatters to deceive.

He does a wee jiggly shoulder run when pressing opponents to make it look like he is exerting pressure when he really isn’t. He somehow manages to hide in plain view, and when he does actually get a strike on target it is bizarrely normally one that makes the keeper look great.

I dunno. I think he could do well against tiring teams if he comes on a 70 mins or so, and I’d definitely keep him over Dessers but by Christ to think he was going to be our best player going by pre-season friendlies. Perhaps he is a confidence player but his stats over the years don’t bode well.

The recruitment has been pretty crap this Summer. 2 decent, 1 possibly decent (Danilo - haven’t really had much time to seen him yet) and the rest either average or poor.

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Never seen a forward player who strikes a ball like it's made of cement quite like this guy.

Nah, he shoots like it is one of those Mitre mouldmaster balls from the 70s that I swear damn near crippled the vertebrae in my spine when I went to head it .

spacer.png

5 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Technically competent but offers nothing else. If you were a scout, knowing we had Hagi, Lowry coming through (even Arfield at the time) in similar positions I fail to understand what the brief was or what was seen in him to think he was going to come in and improve us. 

What if he destroyed your youth side 15 years ago ?