*****The Official Sparta Prague v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

14 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Hope we batter these bastards so they can hate us even more 😄

Unlike certain other Clubs, we are not in a popularity contest and are not desperate to cultivate puir speshul relashunships with just about every team we play in Europe. If there is an increased level of hostility tomorrow night then I would hope that our players, for once under new management, might respond positively to the atmosphere. Sadly I do not see us being able to batter anyone at the moment, but I would certainly take a draw and look to go all out at an equally if not more hostile and intense Ibrox in the return, to get the win that would go a long way towards qualification.

34 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

They hate us because we took a stance against their 'rivals' racial abuse.

As usual in these situations it is the travelling Bears who will be affected the most by any animosity felt towards the Club by the locals. However, given that there will probably be around 3000 odd making the journey they should be ok as long as they find somewhere to gather, wandering off in two or three person groups might not be a good idea if things do turn out to be as unwelcoming as some are predicting.

Stay safe and bring home a result Bears.

16 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

As usual in these situations it is the travelling Bears who will be affected the most by any animosity felt towards the Club by the locals. However, given that there will probably be around 3000 odd making the journey they should be ok as long as they find somewhere to gather, wandering off in two or three person groups might not be a good idea if things do turn out to be as unwelcoming as some are predicting.

Stay safe and bring home a result Bears.

The Riot Crew will sort them out 👊🏼

🤣

14 hours ago, SPWF said:

We’ve became hated because one of our players was racially abused :lol: What a fucking midden of a country. 

My youngest sister lives there as her other half has a really good construction job in eastern europe and their base is Prague.

Got racially abused as a local told her to go back to her own country, not realising that my sister, like me, is Scottish. 

Looking forward to this in a way that I would not have dreamed possible a couple of weeks ago, difficult as it is we should try and remember that this team beat Betis, and put the events of two weeks ago down to the collapse that finally saw off Beale. Hopefully with some organisation and a wee bit more confidence in the squad, we stand a good chance of getting the away point most of us seem to be thinking is the best we can look for against a team who are in very good form at the moment. You would imagine that Betis will win their double header, it will be between us and Sparta, so the next two games are basically it as far as Europa League 23/24 is concerned. 

15 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Not on here there wasn't. Search for Ridvan or Yilmaz at the time the squad was announced and it barely warrants a mention. A few folk surprised and that's about as much dissent as it got.

I'm sure plenty called out what a stupid decision it was on here tbh!

16 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Not on here there wasn't. Search for Ridvan or Yilmaz at the time the squad was announced and it barely warrants a mention. A few folk surprised and that's about as much dissent as it got.

I may be wrong, but I thought he was injured at the time the squad had to be submitted? 

3 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I know its the rules but this whole naming a euro squad is one lot of shite. You should be able to play any player you have under contract. I dont see the purpose of this rule at all.

It was created to stop big clubs having an advantage by hoarding so many first team players and so many youth players signed from other clubs while promoting players from your own youth setup and players from your own country.