G.E.C.

16 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d go…

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Davies

Wright Lundstram Raskin Sima

Cantwell

Dessers

Chronic that I’m having to pick Scott Wright, but Cantwell absolutely has to play centrally. 

It’s a lot to ask of a youngster but I would rather play McCausland ahead of Wright to be honest.

In fact I’d rather play Sterling as extra cover for the space between Goldson and Tavernier than Scott Wright.

21 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

It’s a lot to ask of a youngster but I would rather play McCausland ahead of Wright to be honest.

In fact I’d rather play Sterling as extra cover for the space between Goldson and Tavernier than Scott Wright.

Sparta Prague are decent, but I don’t think we should be fearing them or setting up to contain them. 

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Sparta Prague are decent, but I don’t think we should be fearing them or setting up to contain them. 

Agreed but I’m thinking Tav pushing forward (because we’ve nothing else on that side) might need cover.

Dont think Clement will encourage or tolerate any idea of inferiority.

I think we might see Sima and Wright both start again to utilise their pace in getting in behind their defence. 

Despite his goal, i wouldn't start Dessers as i think he'll allow himself to become isolated up top. Instead, i'd chance Danilo as he has more running in him and works harder. 

One thing i really liked about the game at the weekend is that while the fullbacks were high up the pitch, the two wider front men rarely let them overlap. 

Reckon a draw wouldn't be the worst result in terms of qualifying as I fancy us to win our next two home games in order to qualify. 

Would like to se us go with:

Butland

Tav

Goldson

Souttar

Davies

Raskin

Lundstram

Sima

Cantwell

Wright (there literally is no on else left)

Danilo

52 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Draw would be a decent result then go for the win at Ibrox.

Not expecting miracles from Clement with the squad as it is.

Draw would probably be suffice however something tells me we’ll be looking for some miracle saves from Butland. 

3 hours ago, hawkfalcons said:

Would take a draw just now, wish we had had Clement before we had went to Cyprus as I don't think we would have lost that match. 

There isn't a chance we would lose it. That performance was honking, it was like the team collectively gave up. 

On 22/10/2023 at 07:47, gazza87 said:

Please let’s not play sterling. Boy looks like dug meat.

would actually play Davies, bit more experience and has played the position before. Devine for me is an average player, maybe different if it was right back we were talking about 

Watched the highlights of the Breidablik game v our B team and Davies looked very poor.