Ross McCausland

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, toolongawake said:

I can confirm that he is a complete roaster.

See Ross is linked with Brentford in the Record today, but with his contract situation I fancy there will be near constant lazy links clubs south of the border until we can get an extension tied up.

His agent may also play a wee part in these links. 

I don’t blame him taking his time in honesty, staunch as he is. He’s not featured that much, and as much potential as he has guys like Lammers still seem to be ahead of him. That would frustrate me. Brentford seems lazy journalism and I can’t honestly imagine a young Rangers fan wanting to go there, but he’s broken into international set up and clearly sides will be looking at him. It is reasonable to see if he can get himself a regular starter, and can probably then get a better deal too…

4 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

I don’t blame him taking his time in honesty, staunch as he is. He’s not featured that much, and as much potential as he has guys like Lammers still seem to be ahead of him. That would frustrate me. Brentford seems lazy journalism and I can’t honestly imagine a young Rangers fan wanting to go there, but he’s broken into international set up and clearly sides will be looking at him. It is reasonable to see if he can get himself a regular starter, and can probably then get a better deal too…

The money would be better, the league better, the players around him better and the exposure better.

5 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Of course any of our youngsters would jump at the chance to go to Brentford. 

I can imagine a young Rangers fan going somewhere he thinks may help his career and ultimately earn a decent wage to support a family. It’s not as hard as you think for these boys to quickly get their heads turned. 
cash is king

Why?

If I was a youngster at Rangers there’s no way I’m signing a new deal.

There is zero pathway over the last few years, even our success story Patterson wasn’t getting game time over Tavernier.

Every manager that comes in (Gerrard, Gio, Beale & Clement) give it soundbites about giving youth a chance but it’s very rare that they actually do.

McCausland has got some game time and impressed but still seems behind Lammers & Cantwell in the pecking order, is he really going to get regular game time when the likes of Matondo, Lawrence & Roofe are back? Or when we inevitably sign a winger or two in January?

Same with Bailey Rice, he impressed in pre season but hasn’t been seen since other than a few bench appearances, now since Clement has come in he seems even further away, if he’d stayed at Motherwell he’d be a 1st team regular by now.

People are desperate to sign Scottish players from other SPFL teams and criticise the club for not doing so, but make excuse after excuse for not giving our own Scottish youth a chance. The youth players aren’t the finished product but they can only develop properly if they are given 1st team game time.

Stop signing squad players like Dowell & Lammers and give the likes of Rice, Lowry & McCausland a go.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

There is zero pathway over the last few years, even our success story Patterson wasn’t getting game time over Tavernier.

Every manager that comes in (Gerrard, Gio, Beale & Clement) give it soundbites about giving youth a chance but it’s very rare that they actually do.

McCausland has got some game time and impressed but still seems behind Lammers & Cantwell in the pecking order, is he really going to get regular game time when the likes of Matondo, Lawrence & Roofe are back? Or when we inevitably sign a winger or two in January?

Same with Bailey Rice, he impressed in pre season but hasn’t been seen since other than a few bench appearances, now since Clement has come in he seems even further away, if he’d stayed at Motherwell he’d be a 1st team regular by now 

Maybe give Clement the opportunity first, although I agree about the overall point.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Same with Bailey Rice, he impressed in pre season but hasn’t been seen since other than a few bench appearances, now since Clement has come in he seems even further away, if he’d stayed at Motherwell he’d be a 1st team regular by now 

Of course he's going to be behind Cantwell :lol: 

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Of course he's going to be behind Cantwell :lol: 

Obviously Cantwell’s a better player but is Lammers? I don’t think he is.

and seeing as Cantwell is playing in McCauslands position to accommodate Lammers in the middle that’s the reason I listed Cantwell.

4 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Same with Bailey Rice, he impressed in pre season but hasn’t been seen since other than a few bench appearances, now since Clement has come in he seems even further away, if he’d stayed at Motherwell he’d be a 1st team regular by now.

People are desperate to sign Scottish players from other SPFL teams and criticise the club for not doing so, but make excuse after excuse for not giving our own Scottish youth a chance. The youth players aren’t the finished product but they can only develop properly if they are given 1st team game time.

Stop signing squad players like Dowell & Lammers and give the likes of Rice, Lowry & McCausland a go.

I agree in full except the last sentence. Given the money spent, Lammers was not signed as a squad player.

4 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Obviously Cantwell’s a better player but is Lammers? I don’t think he is.

and seeing as Cantwell is playing in McCauslands position to accommodate Lammers in the middle that’s the reason I listed Cantwell.

When has Lammers played out right?

8 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Don’t really think using Patterson is a reason for not staying. He got given a not too bad amount of game time considering he shared position with the captain and earned a multi million pound move to the premiership which a would imagine he got quite a decent sum of money from 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Tin hat on, but aside from a great cameo in Europe and a few half decent moments against Livi, I’ve never seen anything from him at youth or first team level that’s made me think he’ll make it here (or at any high level).

You follow the youth team quite closely I think?