Ross McCausland

G.E.C.

We've seen from previous youth players that when they initially come in they impress for a couple of games but it's sustaining that form when teams then know how you play and what your weaknesses are, which is the problem. 

I've liked the look of McCausland and Lovelace but at their age they still need to progress. I hope he signs and we get to see his journey with us, I think we all hope a Rangers supporting youth breaks through and lives our dream. 

8 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Gilmour went despite our serious efforts to keep him.  Money talked.   The same thing may happen with McCausland.   Only hope is that his being a fan is a bigger pull.

If any decent player from our academy leaves with no material benefit to the club then whats the point in the academy - surely we should have a way to keep them in contract so we can atleast sell them 

11 minutes ago, Stunels said:

If any decent player from our academy leaves with no material benefit to the club then whats the point in the academy - surely we should have a way to keep them in contract so we can atleast sell them 

Gilmour left before signing a professional contract and you can't force players to sign anyway.

23 minutes ago, Stunels said:

The money made by the likes of Gilmour, Wilson, Patterson have paid for the running costs of the academy plus more. You still get compensation for your Gilmours and Wilsons despite not signing contracts.

We can't force talent to sign contracts with the club if they get life changing offers from down south. We just have to keep generating more talent every year and give opportunities to talent in the first team as an appeal, something we haven't done properly since being back in the Premiership.

33 minutes ago, Stunels said:

McCausland came from Linfield 

17 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

His main development as a youngster was done at Linfield 

Gilmour was younger going to Chelsea than McCausland was coming here 

He joined our academy a month after turning 17. My point is - He is still our academy player who has progressed well in the three/four seasons playing in our academy earning the right to be promoted to the first team squad. 
The poster you picked up on was correct in that he is our academy player. 

that’s all I was saying. You were making out somehow he wasn’t really an academy player because he came from Linfield 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He joined our academy a month after turning 17. My point is - He is still our academy player who has progressed well in the three/four seasons playing in our academy earning the right to be promoted to the first team squad. 
The poster you picked up on was correct in that he is our academy player. 

that’s all I was saying. You were making out somehow he wasn’t really an academy player because he came from Linfield 

That’s ok mate, you’re 60, I don’t want to work you up any further 

On 23/11/2023 at 08:24, Stunels said:

Jim McLean used to give them 40 year contracts, or something like that.

12 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Good vibes from the managers press conference today re young Ross extending his contract. 

The lad shows some real promise. Don't think him signing will be an issue. He is a Bear afterall.

I think Clemente might just be the right manager at the right  time for him.

Wish  more youths were developing like him tbh. That's what brings success in Europe.