Ross McCausland

G.E.C.

23 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Got Northern Ireland’s man of the match 

Weird. Can only assume that’s to boost confidence. He didn’t do badly from what I seen but he didn’t do anything good either 

In saying that hard to pick a motm from a 4-0 defeat 

Motm was a gesture to youth on a horrendous night. No one in that squad did well. 

In fairness a squad plagued with injuries. Lad deserves credit getting his first cap. Would like to see him playing football there with more experienced players which will do him good. But celebrating Motm on here after a pumping from Finland isn't a positive. No doubt he'll be gutted, striving to make his next cap more meaningful, and hopefully in a less injury wrecked team. 

44 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Don’t see anybody on here doing that 

Literally a post or 2 above mine.... 

Hope he does well and he has for us so far. Leeching onto a token motm as a positive tonight as some have done isn't it. His time will come at an international level, just not in that patched together squad the night. 

The games he has shone for us is a bigger testament than a youth ni squad vs a better Finnish team. 

13 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye boy will be gutted after his first cap and Motm award lol

Gutted at the score line probably, the rest is positive and will give the lad a lift as he pushes on with his career, don’t understand why everythings got to be so fucking negative or down played by our fans 

Between the player, NI squad & management I’m sure they’ll have worked out it’s more of an acknowledgement of a decent debut for a young chap in a bad night result & performance wise. 

7 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye boy will be gutted after his first cap and Motm award lol

Gutted at the score line probably, the rest is positive and will give the lad a lift as he pushes on with his career, don’t understand why everythings got to be so fucking negative or down played by our fans 

Aye, terrible week all round for him, made his full debut for both Ranges and Northern Ireland, got MOTM in a team decimated by injuries with no real experience playing, and an average age of 21. 

Who wouldn't be gutted.

He's probably just had the best, most positive week of his life so far, despite the NI score that he couldn't do anything about.

Mental!

2 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Aye, terrible week for him, made his full debut for both Ranges and Northern Ireland, got MOTM in a team decimated by injuries with no real experience playing, and an average age of 21. 

Who wouldn't be gutted.

He's probably just had the best, most positive week of his life so far, despite the NI score that he couldn't do anything about.

Mental!

Let’s hope he finishes it off with a new contract 👍

6 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

O'Neill also said Rangers winger Ross McCausland took a knock when making his debut in Friday's 4-0 loss to Finland in Helsinki but is expected to be fit after completing the "majority" of Sunday's training session.

No doubt starts against Denmark and is fucked for the weekend 

On 17/11/2023 at 22:55, .Williamson. said:

Weird. Can only assume that’s to boost confidence. He didn’t do badly from what I seen but he didn’t do anything good either 

In saying that hard to pick a motm from a 4-0 defeat 

Are these things not just whoever the sponsor wants to speak with after the game anyway? For example Callum McGregor got MOTM for Scotland last night but he was nowhere near being the best player in a Scotland jersey so I can only assume the sponsors were scum supporters. 

9 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/p/LDB7tyJt4mCzbaWc/?mibextid=WC7FNe

According to this post he has signed a new 3 year deal. Fwiw I can’t confirm who this guy is or what he knows. It came up on my timeline. 

I can confirm that he is a complete roaster.

See Ross is linked with Brentford in the Record today, but with his contract situation I fancy there will be near constant lazy links clubs south of the border until we can get an extension tied up.