Ross McCausland

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Maybe not as good at defensive covering as Cantwell, but him on the right and Cantwell centrally at halftime would have been better than persisting that cunt of a man down in Lammers getting the full game.

Think second half they worked an overload down that side a lot tbf to him. Even Cantwell was being exposed a bit more defensively after the break.

3 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Very, very pleasantly surprised by him. Seen him play for the b team a few times and didn't think he had a chance. 

Has looked a proper player in the first team, tonight in particular. 

I am the same.  Improved massively since I last saw him in B Team.

6 hours ago, ayro said:

Thought the same, very good going forward but his inexperience showed when tracking back, hopefully more game time will help him progress.

Part of the issue was him going to press the man moving out from defence with the ball that Lammers then allowed to easily stroll past him or pass the ball through between them.

The kid will learn who the more dangerous man is and his role out of possesdion.. Lammers won't learn and deliver on what's needed and demanded of him.

36 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Part of the issue was him going to press the man moving out from defence with the ball that Lammers then allowed to easily stroll past him or pass the ball through between them.

The kid will learn who the more dangerous man is and his role out of possesdion.. Lammers won't learn and deliver on what's needed and demanded of him.

Difficult situation for him to come into as Sparta were throwing more bodies forward so he had to get the balance right between pressing and counter, he did well enough and looked comfortable on the ball.

Least said about Lammers the better.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

This.   Lammers inaction put our right side under more pressure defensively all night.   All he had to was close their players down which would have us contain them.

Came on and played well in a game that was open, stretched and had two teams conceding chances because players were tiring. Not sure the game on Sunday will be the same and for that reason I would have him coming off the bench again.

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

If he can have such a positive impact against decent European opposition like Sparta then I'd rather we played him.

So would I, but IF he ends up getting pushed out of the fist team picture, then I think it would be best all round if he goes out on loan.

But obviously the best senario is he becomes a first team regular. Even as a sub if not a starter

5 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Just seen his contract is up at end of this season. 

Been very impressed with him coming on in games, and even as a fan of Lowry, think this boy has really looked the part. 

Surely we offer him a new contract. 

Clement has already said we are in discussions with him over a new contract but if he rejects it then it will affect his first team chances.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Clement has already said we are in discussions with him over a new contract but if he rejects it then it will affect his first team chances.

I didn't know Clement had said that. 

Hopefully he signs on, really surprised how good he's looked when he's came on as a sub. Saying that, I knew he was doing well in the B team previously.