Swiss Football Data - Club/Coefficient Weighting

PromDeAnglais

• 3 months later...

Rangers miss out on the quarters so Scotland are left with no teams in Europe as Big Phil’s squad was hampered by available players tonight & can feel aggrieved by the penalty award in the first leg.

Rangers have earned approx. £17.1m in the Europa League; separate entity fc by comparison earned approx. £30.6m in the Champions League (both excluding ticket sales).

Scotland retain top 10 in the UEFA rankings (but it's not decided yet) Viktoria Plzeň drew 0-0 AET to add only 0.25 points to the Czech total, Slavia went down 3-1 (7-3 agg) & Sparta are currently 4-0 down (9-1 agg).

However as Plzeň progressed on penalties, the Czechs can still overtake us before the end of the season.

If Plzeň can manage one DRAW from their two quarter final legs - Czech Republic will end the season in 10th & we will be 11th If we finish 10th then next season's SPFL Champions will gain automatic entry into the Champions League.

If we finish 11th then next season's SPFL Champions will have one Champions League qualification round against a Champion from outside the top 10 leagues (unless it's Rangers; they would very likely still qualify automatically).

Our top 10 status will definitely come to an end at the end of next season though - because season 19/20 will drop off our total.

That was our best season in the last 5 years where we scored 9.750 points We will currently start next season 16th (but have until the end of next season to fix that) which would come with loads of repercussions for the league - so let's hope we have a much better season in the new format Below are coefficient points added this season - both to Scotland's Country coefficient and each individual club's coefficient, as well as where each club sits in the overall UEFA rankings.

We deserve as the sole Scottish entry for at least the next two seasons of CL Groups so let’s get 3 points on Sunday and grab 56 this season as it’s in our hands. I don’t want to read excuses of player tiredness.

On 05/12/2023 at 17:25, PromDeAnglais said:

A list of the top 100 clubs that have contributed the most to their countries coefficient.

An absolute travesty that we've handed and continue to hand upwards of £60 million to a team that turns up and does absolutely fuck all but get embarrassed in Europe and pocket the change. May as well call that £90 million as we've pretty much chucked it at them this season as well.

I hate the thought of the filth getting £30m off the back of our coefficient but let's be real, we were spanked in the CL recently and unlikely to do any better, the gulf is enormous.

23 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I hate the thought of the filth getting £30m off the back of our coefficient but let's be real, we were spanked in the CL recently and unlikely to do any better, the gulf is enormous.

Depends on the draw really, I’m certain we would have done better than them if we were in that group they got. 

It probably feels as if it doesn’t matter but it does and the draw is at 1pm:

Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) 
Aston Villa (ENG)
Club Brugge (BEL)
Fenerbahçe (TUR)
PAOK (GRE)
LOSC Lille (FRA)
Fiorentina (ITA)
Olympiacos (GRE)

2 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Thing is, now id expect our recruitment to be much better with CL football and CL money, 

3 of our starters last night were brought in the summer pre CL nightmare (and i dare say had things turned out differently we'd have had colak last night as well) and none of them were actually able to play in the CL bar colak

A few more additions to our squad and absolutely no reason we can't hold our own against the bulk of the CL, top teams youd expect to spank us away and beat us at home, but teams in pot 3 and 4 we should defo be talking about competing with and looking to beat

On 05/12/2023 at 17:25, PromDeAnglais said:

A list of the top 100 clubs that have contributed the most to their countries coefficient.

An absolute travesty that we've handed and continue to hand upwards of £60 million to a team that turns up and does absolutely fuck all but get embarrassed in Europe and pocket the change. May as well call that £90 million as we've pretty much chucked it at them this season as well.

Cunts will need every penny of that money when their shame comes back to bite them.

4 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Cunts will need every penny of that money when their shame comes back to bite them.

So we keep hearing mate I’m not so sure payouts will amount to as much as some people hope. Couple million tops is my guess then the rapey bastards will put out a statement declaring themself hero’s for compensating victims of CBC who where actually a separate entity and they’ve made the payments out the goodness of their hearts because after all they’re a club founded on charity blah blah blah the press will lap it up and we’ll move on and Rangers will be the bad guys for mocking child abuse. 

On 15/03/2024 at 10:57, theiconicman said:

Big difference is if we win league we will be in pot 2 of CL next season. That should at least give us a chance to get 3rd in group, get the CL money and then EL football after Christmas. 

10 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

So we keep hearing mate I’m not so sure payouts will amount to as much as some people hope. Couple million tops is my guess then the rapey bastards will put out a statement declaring themself hero’s for compensating victims of CBC who where actually a separate entity and they’ve made the payments out the goodness of their hearts because after all they’re a club founded on charity blah blah blah the press will lap it up and we’ll move on and Rangers will be the bad guys for mocking child abuse. 

I agree, UK courts will be lucky to offer compensation of much more than 250k per victim which is only about £5m in total. The only risk to them is if any victims can prove they were abused while on a US tour and sue in the US where courts are likely to ward multi million damages per victim. I can only assume this is too difficult to prove without any convictions in the US as no one has tested the waters over their. 

21 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Big difference is if we win league we will be in pot 2 of CL next season. That should at least give us a chance to get 3rd in group, get the CL money and then EL football after Christmas. 

The format changes next year. Theres no drop down to the EL. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The format changes next year. Theres no drop down to the EL. 

Is the format change from 25/26. Winning the league this year will see us on the final year on the old format.