Goldson

MacBoyd

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I’ll say what i’ve said before and it’s pertinent just now, offering 4 year, 38k a week contracts to 30 year olds is absolute fucking madness.

Age catches up with everyone.

38k a week ffs. 

That's disgusting. 

54 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Goldson was bullied like fuck today! I’ve genuinely never seen a centre half that is so shite at attempting to win headers when attacking corners - just heads it over! Cunts done!!

This. Our conversion rate for corners is fucking shocking. That changing will be a major sign of a proper Rangers for me. Won't happen with current centre backs or forwards tho.

Goldson is made to look like prime Maldini most weeks because he's not put under much pressure, Today he was bullied by Bair, He was powder puff today and looked scared to go into a challenge with him. The contact for the head knock is quite embarrassing tbh and put us in a really dangerous position. 

Bullied from the guy up front from them today, standing off allowing pass to be made, not his best today, couldn't see if guy struck him either arm/ elbow but didn't see much in it

I wasn't Impressed with him at all today as pointed out above all his shortcomings were there for all to see today if he and others for that matter spent more time improving their all round game they wouldn't have recurring issues with the most basic parts of their game .

Probably go back into his wee shell now like he did before when those nasty expectant supporters had him under that much pressure he felt the empty stadiums were more welcoming {covid period} yet he was never singled out or subjected to vitriolic abuse before or after just he couldn't handle criticism then dragged his arse over a new contract .

I was for keeping him had we clinched the league I still think we can but these players really need to buck their ideas up because right now they are being made to look like mugs because like so many times over the last couple of years when the chips are down they fail to deliver today again proved that for me now for the fourth time this season they will have to find a way back if that mob win on sunday as the sheer drop in form of a fair number of them over the last two games is entirely down to them.

He cant come and slaughter them but you can imagine it turns clements stomach to see the soft arse goals we constantly give away. Simple balls over the top against aberdeen and celtic, switching off against ross county, yesterday,etc etc etc. Even on wednesday we gave kilmarnock free headers. We will surely make it a priority in the summer. Any good Rangers team has been built on a solid defensive foundation and this team just dont have that.

16 hours ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

This. Our conversion rate for corners is fucking shocking. That changing will be a major sign of a proper Rangers for me. Won't happen with current centre backs or forwards tho.

What really annoyed me yesterday was ridvan was clearly really struggling at them but we kept him on them 

Next season we need 2 new centre halfs. Think we will sell Souttar and Davies. Clearly neither are good enough. I think Goldson will be in the 3rd year of a 4 year contract, so time to extend or move him on. We need a center half in the door capable of taking his place. If we want rid he can then warm the bench until he accepts a move or if we extend his contract and he drops his standards he can be dropped. I will be surprised if the manager does not sign a couple of centre halfs in the summer. We need more physicality in that area for sure for the SPL.