***** The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread *****

Super result tonight. Rugby park is as hard as it gets in Scotland and so it proved tonight.

Like how the manager doesnt piss about with subs and gets them straight on.

A lot of what we've built on away from home this season is not making too many mistakes and letting our quality shine and that happened tonight.

When Kilmarnock made a great opportunity to make it 2 Butland made a great save and then two brilliant goals by Tav and Lawrence to win it.

On to Motherwell...

7 hours ago, euanRFC said:

BBC didn’t even show the second penalty claim hahahah

I had to listen it on Sportsound and the commentator hardly mentioned the hand balls from Killie. Don’t know who he was but he was desperate for Killie to get something from the game 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Injuries in the front line are a bit of a worry going forward. 

Cantwell, Matondo, Cortes, Sima, Danilo

When all you’ve got left is Wright, McCausland and Sterling as your wide men it’s going to be a tough run for a while. 

Lovelace has had minutes for B team wouldn’t be surprised if he comes into the picture.

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

So for clarity. Borna fell over and grabbed the ball giving them a foul. To cover his embarrassment he got a faux rage tantrum thing?

is this correct because I’m sure Uncle Tom and Dorrans lied to cover the whole thing by saying he got tripped 

he fell over his own feet?

I think Armstrong put his arms on Barisic and 9/10 the defender gets a free kick from falling over. Poor play all round from Barisic never looked comfortable at all.

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

My week genuinely revolves around when we’re playing. Cant believe cunts pencil in stuff like the cinema or a swim while we’re playing, never mind when we’re baw deep in a title race. 

I’ve missed countless family events and birthdays for games and people actually choose to spend their time doing something else when a game is on.

Weird behaviour 

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I'm tempted to ban you tbh

Who the fuck goes to the cinema on a fucking Wednesday night when we're in a title race

I missed the second half of Spartak Moscow away to see an Abba tribute.

Hopefully I’m still on RM in 12 hours time.

Happy we got a result but idiotic penalty aside we toiled far too much in periods of that game .

Cracking goals off the back of slick passing especially Lawrence after losing his footing out wide to recover .

The poorer side of the game between 60-75 or so saw Killie have three shots on goal all from their own half without barely a tackle as our distribution in that period I felt could've cost us the game by giving them.possesion back countless times .

On to  Saturday now looking for a more clinical approach like we did last week against Hearts as we cannot afford to drop points at this stage .

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Last night was about going there and winning.

you barely see a good game on Astro, that’s us we don’t need to go back there whilst the taigs need to. 

just enjoy a hard fought 3 points and now focus on the run of more favourable  run of fixtures 

If the table stays as it is what will be the post split fixtures? We'll have 3 away games but will have already played twice at Kilmarnock, Dundee and St Mirren.

59 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Captain Bambinier on ice :UK:

Sadly we still have to play on that abomination of a surface at least twice next season, assuming Killie manage top six and we avoid an away cup tie against them. They have said they are going back to proper turf for season 2026, so I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies. With Livi looking to have finally run out of steam, we need to hope that Raith do not come up with their drastic plastic and perhaps a vote can finally be forced with the necessary majority to ban these health hazards from the top flight.

3 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Sadly we still have to play on that abomination of a surface at least twice next season, assuming Killie manage top six and we avoid an away cup tie against them. They have said they are going back to proper turf for season 2026, so I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies. With Livi looking to have finally run out of steam, we need to hope that Raith do not come up with their drastic plastic and perhaps a vote can finally be forced with the necessary majority to ban these health hazards from the top flight.

The kid Cortes might be out with a hamstring,which we might not know till tomorrow.
We've definitely had our share of players getting injured on that park.  

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

My week genuinely revolves around when we’re playing. Cant believe cunts pencil in stuff like the cinema or a swim while we’re playing, never mind when we’re baw deep in a title race. 

Same here mate. I blank birthday parties, etc. to watch us.

Not my fault they don't check our fixtures before booking shit.