Kemar Roofe

I like Roofe. He's a talented footballer, and he’s scored crucial goals in Europe as well as playing a big part in the 55 season.

Under no circumstances does he ever get a new deal though. Made of weetabix and paid far too much for someone so unreliable. 

40 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

If I were playing 3-D chess, I’d say Clement has completely lost faith in Dessers, and Rangers are hoping Roofe is incentivized to give his all rather than down tools in the absence of a new contract.

Dessers’s confidence is utterly shot. The longer he underperforms in the run-in the worse it will get.

What gives you that impression about PC?

2 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

If I were playing 3-D chess, I’d say Clement has completely lost faith in Dessers, and Rangers are hoping Roofe is incentivized to give his all rather than down tools in the absence of a new contract.

Dessers’s confidence is utterly shot. The longer he underperforms in the run-in the worse it will get.

It's not a question of Roofe's attitude or ability, him giving his all and all the rest of it.

Everyone apart from you can see that the problem we have is that he's out injured more often than he isn't. :unsure:

14 hours ago, BigDak said:

I was sure I saw his stats last week that he has either scored or assisted (and in that number it's mostly scored) a goal every two games he's played.

He'd only played like 90 odd games and missed 60 odd in his time here.

Yeah, that’s his career stats, though. They bear no resemblance to the player he is today.

16 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

It's not a question of Roofe's attitude or ability, him giving his all and all the rest of it.

Everyone apart from you can see that the problem we have is that he's out injured more often than he isn't. :unsure:

As I said elsewhere, If, I said if. I’m aware that Roofe is broken and I’m trying to rationalize why they would extend him.

I’m convinced this is about Dessers and the run in.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

As I said elsewhere, If, I said if. I’m aware that Roofe is broken and I’m trying to rationalize why they would extend him.

He wouldn't have been given a new 2 year deal because of the run in.

53 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Like having an expensive sports car that runs out of petrol half way to the shops

Nah. It would be better if you said - the axle snapped or the steering column failed. 

running out of petrol is easy to fix and you’re back on the road in ten minutes. 

poor analogy imo

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nah. It would be better if you said - the axle snapped or the steering column failed. 

running out of petrol is easy to fix and you’re back on the road in ten minutes. 

poor analogy imo

It used to be worth the money spent on it and no longer does the job you bought it for. The axle works when it comes to reselling

7 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

He's not going to suddenly become a better player because a permanently injured player who is much better than him gets an extension.

If anything I reckon what it tells Dessers is that you can be a guy who can't be depended on here and still get a new deal.

Genuinely find it staggering there’s people in our support that even consider starting him in games. Dessers isn’t the answer but at least he is durable, Roofe can come on last 15-20 if needed. And do you know what makes the Roofe argument worse, he’s been fucking shite whenever he’s played for a long time. Wouldn’t rule out him nicking a couple of goals between now and May but get him binned in the summer. 

6 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Genuinely find it staggering there’s people in our support that even consider starting him in games. Dessers isn’t the answer but at least he is durable, Roofe can come on last 15-20 if needed. And do you know what makes the Roofe argument worse, he’s been fucking shite whenever he’s played for a long time. Wouldn’t rule out him nicking a couple of goals between now and May but get him binned in the summer. 

I thought he did look decent at the start of the season.Then he got injured. Although we were being treated to the Cyriel and Sam show up top under Beale at that time. Roddy Grant might have felt like an improvement.

tbh he looks like he's lost a yard of pace this time.

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Be hard to beat them with a striker who cannot finish or hold ball up like dessers imho

But one who can't stay fit and has scored 2 goals all season is the answer.

9 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

If he's fit I'd prefer it, dessers is an empty jersey against them. Probably be silva if we have options wide by then though.

10 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

If he can last 60/70 minutes then he’s a better option than Dessers who can come on once they’re tired and miss a few sitters when we’ve already sewn the game up 

7 hours ago, GA1972 said:

If he can last 60/70 minutes then he’s a better option than Dessers who can come on once they’re tired and miss a few sitters when we’ve already sewn the game up 

Based on what? He's got 2 goals in over 600 minutes this season.