Kemar Roofe

6 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Sticking up for my man Kemar. Can understand why some people are sick of the constant injuries, but insulting the guy is too much and unjustified imo. I think he has a professional outlook but has some kind of issue that's preventing him from staying fit.

He may yet score an important goal this season that makes everyone say they love him again.

...or he may get injured again right away.

Agree that he has not been a good signing.

Some goal, but still a poor signing. Agreed mate. 

30 minutes ago, five stars said:

It's very unlikely it's extreme hyper mobility.

Unlikely it’s extreme as opposed to standard hyper mobility? Or unlikely that’s the cause.

Either way I have no idea. Just what I heard

44 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Sticking up for my man Kemar. Can understand why some people are sick of the constant injuries, but insulting the guy is too much and unjustified imo. I think he has a professional outlook but has some kind of issue that's preventing him from staying fit.

He may yet score an important goal this season that makes everyone say they love him again.

...or he may get injured again right away.

Agree that he has not been a good signing.

He was starting to bug me at one point mate. Then when he came bk last time, lasted about a game or two and got subbed off injured. 

He looked really upset that all the effort he puts in to get back then he constantly breaks down. His body just seems fucked unfortunately. He's scored some important goals for us. 

6 hours ago, ready1873 said:

I just felt after January that come the end of the season I hope to fuck we don't regret not signing Shankland. 

I know it wouldn't have been straight forward and for all we know the club may have made contact with Hearts, but he clearly would have been up for it and it would have guaranteed goals.

Even if Danilo was fit I think he would have been an upgrade. 

We didn't have a penny to spend in jan, clement said it himself, shankland was never an option in january

5 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

We didn't have a penny to spend in jan, clement said it himself, shankland was never an option in january

Hearts would have demanded a high price.

We spent zero on permanent signings. Says it all really.

The previous incumbant blew our money on some right dummies without even bothering to research them properly.

Big Phil may not have spent millions on Shankland if he had the money, but he would certainly have invested in a quality striker.

I don't know why the board didn't take the gamble. It would have paid off tenfold+ if/when we win the league.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

An extension will be determined by the last ten games. Stay fit and contribute to a treble, then I don't see why not. Get injured or don't contribute and he has no chance of a new deal.

Too much of a risk mate. No way would I give him or Jack or Borna for that matter a new contract. Hoping Phil clears a few out. 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

An extension will be determined by the last ten games. Stay fit and contribute to a treble, then I don't see why not. Get injured or don't contribute and he has no chance of a new deal.

He does not get a new deal under any circumstance. 

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Absolutely.

You know, you just absolutely know, that he’d be back in the Treatment Room Dominoes Team (knuckle injury through chapping) before the ink dried on any new deal.

Any of our recruitment or football management team who raise the possibility of even discussing a new deal for Roofe should be put on immediate gardening leave, pending dismissal.

Succinctly put my man. 😁

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

No chance Clement would agree to an extension for Roofe imo. Pissing wages against a wall that will be used to bring in his own profile of player. 

8 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

No chance Clement would agree to an extension for Roofe imo. Pissing wages against a wall that will be used to bring in his own profile of player. 

Fairly obvious that Roofe, Barisic, Jack, Dowell, Davies, Balogun etc will be sold or released OOC and that we’ll struggle to extend the loans for Sima and Silva although I think he’d like to keep them, even if only six months.

Even setting fees to one side, that lot represents a huge amount of wages saved.

Really looking forward to seeing who he brings in.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

He's strain a muscle signing the fucking deal

No chance man

The guy is class.

Had he had a different path and his luck with injurys been different when he was younger then no doubt hed have been right up there and commanded silly transfer fees.

Hes done us a turn but hes been getting paid handsomely for giving us a dozen games a season for the last couple of years.

Move on.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

You can’t be serious mate? 

I'm not really fussed. I just think we have ten big games to play and if he somehow plays a major role, it will certainly be a topic of discussion.

Either way, we still need to buy a striker in the summer.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not really fussed. I just think we have ten big games to play and if he somehow plays a major role, it will certainly be a topic of discussion.

Either way, we still need to buy a striker in the summer.

He won’t be getting a new deal under any circumstances fs.