Kemar Roofe

2 hours ago, left winger said:

2 goals in 619 minutes (transfermrkt). I’m pretty sure in those 619 minutes a natural, instinctive striker would have scored more than two goals with the chances we’ve created.

Is that his stats ??? Would never had guessed they'd be that poor . 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Apparently if he scored a hatrick every weekend until the end of the season he still wouldn’t be worth a contract.

We haven’t seen a hatrick against that lot since McCoist but we have decided a player who scores a hatrick in each of what will probably be 3 old firms before the end of the season wouldn’t be worth a contract 

Btw if he pulled that off I’d be in favour of just giving him a full years wage as a bonus 

He's not going to score a hatrick every game between now and May so it's pointless discussing wishful hypotheticals. He's not offered anything in the last few seasons to warrant an extension so it's best he's moved on.

56 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

So he scores 33 goals between now and season end and you wouldn't even consider a new deal for him

Obviously there’s a degree of hyperbole in my post because he isn’t going to do that, but nope, there isn’t any circumstances where I would seriously consider offering him a new deal.

People have been hanging their hat on him and saying “if we can get Kemar Roofe fit” for two years now, but with a number of additional injuries behind him since then, factored in with him being in his 30’s now, it’s highly unlikely that there’s a situation where he suddenly overcomes his injuries and gets himself fit enough to be a regular contributor for us. He might go to a club where the demands, expectations, standards and volume of football is significantly less like Helander did and that will allow him to play regular football, but realistically speaking, Roofe’s Rangers career has come to a natural conclusion, just like it had with Helander and the other four who left last Summer, and it’s time for us to move on from him regardless of what he may or may not contribute over the next ten games.

30 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Is that his stats ??? Would never had guessed they'd be that poor . 

According to transfermrkt for the minutes, anyway. I didn’t actually think he’d played that many minutes this season. He’s down as 2 goals in the goals and assists thread on here.

56 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Obviously there’s a degree of hyperbole in my post because he isn’t going to do that, but nope, there isn’t any circumstances where I would seriously consider offering him a new deal.

People have been hanging their hat on him and saying “if we can get Kemar Roofe fit” for two years now, but with a number of additional injuries behind him since then, factored in with him being in his 30’s now, it’s highly unlikely that there’s a situation where he suddenly overcomes his injuries and gets himself fit enough to be a regular contributor for us. He might go to a club where the demands, expectations, standards and volume of football is significantly less like Helander did and that will allow him to play regular football, but realistically speaking, Roofe’s Rangers career has come to a natural conclusion, just like it had with Helander and the other four who left last Summer, and it’s time for us to move on from him regardless of what he may or may not contribute over the next ten games.

What if Roofe’s head got attached to Messi’s body.

1 hour ago, Fear no foe said:

He's not going to score a hatrick every game between now and May so it's pointless discussing wishful hypotheticals. He's not offered anything in the last few seasons to warrant an extension so it's best he's moved on.

I’ll discuss whatever stupid shite gets posted thank you 

Fwiw I wouldn’t offer him a new deal but I think it’s important to discuss stupid posts like the one highlighted 

Some good jokes on this thread...

Anyway, IMO the only way for him to stay would be a "pay as you play" type contract. Even then, it creates uncertainty as to what the squad resources are, so would Clement even consider it?

He's 31, so I would imagine he'll want a more regular contract anyway, so he won't be staying, IMO

14 minutes ago, Southsider said:

Some good jokes on this thread...

Anyway, IMO the only way for him to stay would be a "pay as you play" type contract. Even then, it creates uncertainty as to what the squad resources are, so would Clement even consider it?

He's 31, so I would imagine he'll want a more regular contract anyway, so he won't be staying, IMO

Not for me. He won’t be be in Clements plans next season.

Sky Sports Scotland

@ScotlandSky

Breaking news! Rangers star Kemar Roofe set for new contract as the Ibrox club offer hitman a two year extension to his contract that was due to expire in the summer

15 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Sky Sports Scotland

@ScotlandSky

Breaking news! Rangers star Kemar Roofe set for new contract as the Ibrox club offer hitman a two year extension to his contract that was due to expire in the summer

Just seen that. Shocking.

2 hours ago, the sliver fox said:

scenes when he scores a minimum of a hatrick every game, sometimes more, but on the final game of the season, only gets 2 goals, so no contract extension.

The problem there is that in that last game where he only scored the 2 goals, he was also taken off with another long term injury. Nope, no extension under any circumstance, hypothetical or otherwise. Guy needs gone off our wage bill now!

Fucking criminal levels of financial mismanagement if we give him a new deal…..though saying that if we let him go he’ll no doubt pull a helander and magically find fitness.

2 hours ago, left winger said:

According to transfermrkt for the minutes, anyway. I didn’t actually think he’d played that many minutes this season. He’s down as 2 goals in the goals and assists thread on here.

I was sure I saw his stats last week that he has either scored or assisted (and in that number it's mostly scored) a goal every two games he's played.

He'd only played like 90 odd games and missed 60 odd in his time here.

2 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Sky Sports Scotland

@ScotlandSky

You are fucking at it

A close look at the way Roofe runs tells you all you need to know. Very cautious while chasing any ball, and probably knows that if he pushes too hard, he might get injured again. Last 2 seasons he has a total of 4 goals. Thanks for the good times, once upon a time. But time to move on. 

If I were playing 3-D chess, I’d say Clement has completely lost faith in Dessers, and Rangers are hoping Roofe is incentivized to give his all rather than down tools in the absence of a new contract.

Dessers’s confidence is utterly shot. The longer he underperforms in the run-in the worse it will get.