Kemar Roofe

Not been a good signing. 

But he’s also coming back from injury. He’s not going to be 100% so wouldn’t be writing him off on the back of his first few games back.

The manager will ease him back in. And then we might see a good player for the last 5-6 matches

Played only 254 professional games including 5 for Jamaica since 2011

Scored 94 goals

Thats averaging less than 22 games per season and less than 8 goals per season.

1 n 3 goals average is usually not really bad But only when youve scored hundreds, lack of overall goals and appearances is dug shit.

Super Ally averaged 1 in just over 2 games scored just under 300 goals, cleaning up in cups and title's 

So Roofe is another stealing a fortune in wages. His contribute to football has been zilch.

4 hours ago, Blacky Bear said:

Played only 254 professional games including 5 for Jamaica since 2011

Scored 94 goals

Thats averaging less than 22 games per season and less than 8 goals per season.

1 n 3 goals average is usually not really bad But only when youve scored hundreds, lack of overall goals and appearances is dug shit.

Super Ally averaged 1 in just over 2 games scored just under 300 goals, cleaning up in cups and title's 

So Roofe is another stealing a fortune in wages. His contribute to football has been zilch.

First team regulars (Tav, Goldson etc)will play 60+ games season so Roofe has been playing a third of that.

In other words, effectively he’s missed two thirds of the season TWELVE years in a row.

Somehow the word ‘waster’ just seems totally inadequate.

😡

29 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

He was a risk when we bought him with his injury record. Moving forward I don’t think Clement will take the same gamble with these type of players.

He’s only had one window but there was a marked difference in the players PC looked to bring in when compared with the last decade. Hopefully summer trading replicates this but only time will tell. 

7 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

He’s only had one window but there was a marked difference in the players PC looked to bring in when compared with the last decade. Hopefully summer trading replicates this but only time will tell. 

It has to change if we want to stick to the trading model we’ve being banging on about for long enough. The winding down of contracts will be less in the future I think going by Clement feedback about recruitment… roofe type gambles won’t be part of the plan. 
We might lose a few gems in the future that you would like to see continue with us but we have to sell when appropriate regardless.

17 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Given he knows he is out the door come the end of the season Im not convinced he is going to risk injury to run through a brick wall for us which is exactly what we need currently. We need players willing to push themselves to the limit.

Could also work the opposite way. Roofe knows that if he's to get a good deal anywhere next season he'll have to produce the goods and stay fit the rest of the season........ not sure i'm confident of him managing either right enough, but hopefully the incentive is there for him to give it his all!

40 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If he had a stinking attitude and was clearly half assing it when he is fit then I think there’s justification in calling him a waster, but I think calling him that for being injury prone is actually harsh as fuck tbh.

Have heard that defence of him before and I accept that certain players get injured more than others but we are talking about a succession of injuries, one after another, a run longer than many players’ careers.

I think about guys like Butcher, Brown, big Marvin playing through knock after knock, giving (literally) blood, sweat and tears for the jersey and playing through the pain barrier.

John Souttar has ruptured both Achilles, one of them twice but his attitude has always been about getting back on the pitch as soon as he can. The contrast between him and Roofe is stark.

Now I don’t know the minutiae of every Roofe injury, partly because there’s so fucking many and partly because I get angry thinking about guys like Jordan White, less talented than Roofe so plies his trade at Ross County. Jordan is a diehard Bluenose and would walk from Dingwall for the chances that Roofe has had.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Roofe has been unable to do the job he’s well paid for (for only a third of the time) because of injury for over a decade.

A couple of big blows, like Souttar, can happen but we’re talking months on end for injuries far, far less serious than ruptured Achilles.

Be so glad to see the back of him.

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Have heard that defence of him before and I accept that certain players get injured more than others but we are talking about a succession of injuries, one after another, a run longer than many players’ careers.

I think about guys like Butcher, Brown, big Marvin playing through knock after knock, giving (literally) blood, sweat and tears for the jersey and playing through the pain barrier.

John Souttar has ruptured both Achilles, one of them twice but his attitude has always been about getting back on the pitch as soon as he can. The contrast between him and Roofe is stark.

Now I don’t know the minutiae of every Roofe injury, partly because there’s so fucking many and partly because I get angry thinking about guys like Jordan White, less talented than Roofe so plies his trade at Ross County. Jordan is a diehard Bluenose and would walk from Dingwall for the chances that Roofe has had.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Roofe has been unable to do the job he’s well paid for (for only a third of the time) because of injury for over a decade.

A couple of big blows, like Souttar, can happen but we’re talking months on end for injuries far, far less serious than ruptured Achilles.

How can you say his injuries were far far less serious than a ruptured Achilles when you don’t know what they all were? 

Plus a lot of the reason he isn’t playing right now is because the manager actually seems to be trying to look after him, when others would maybe just have chucked him back in too soon and probably the reason why he gets injured again so quickly.

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The murmurings are his problems stem from extreme hyper mobility.

So it probably is more likely that he is just injury prone and it’s not because he can’t be assed to play for us 

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

How can you say his injuries were far far less serious than a ruptured Achilles when you don’t know what they all were? 

Plus a lot of the reason he isn’t playing right now is because the manager actually seems to be trying to look after him, when others would maybe just have chucked him back in too soon and probably the reason why he gets injured again so quickly.

If he’d had anything close to being as serious as a ruptured Achilles, we would have heard about it.

And the manager should be turning to senior pros like Roofe to help the team, not asking if they need their arses wiped.

This idea of ‘rushing him back’? :lol: A handful of partial games in a season is not my idea of ‘rushing’ him ffs.

Maybe pressure is what he needs because years of babying him have done fuck all.

An expensive gamble that ultimately hasn't paid off. He's had some real highs, some exceptional goals and made a big contribution to 55 because he's a very talented player. 

But for what he has cost us in transfer fee and wages it's been a bad signing overall. And hopefully the we put a stop to signings like this in the future because they rarely work out for us. 

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

The murmurings are his problems stem from extreme hyper mobility.

So it probably is more likely that he is just injury prone and it’s not because he can’t be assed to play for us 

It's very unlikely it's extreme hyper mobility.

Sticking up for my man Kemar. Can understand why some people are sick of the constant injuries, but insulting the guy is too much and unjustified imo. I think he has a professional outlook but has some kind of issue that's preventing him from staying fit.

He may yet score an important goal this season that makes everyone say they love him again.

...or he may get injured again right away.

Agree that he has not been a good signing.

I just felt after January that come the end of the season I hope to fuck we don't regret not signing Shankland. 

I know it wouldn't have been straight forward and for all we know the club may have made contact with Hearts, but he clearly would have been up for it and it would have guaranteed goals.

Even if Danilo was fit I think he would have been an upgrade.