*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

Goldson - gtf at the end of the season, been costing us big time for years

Lawrence - can go at the end of the season, Derby was his level

Lundstram - on the same wages Id keep him but hes not worth a big increase

Wright - needs to go, its not his fault but hes just not good enough

Tav - needs to focus on the defending instead of his goal stats

Clement needs to watch some of the Gerrard wins against the scum, go for the jugular from the start, dont give them a minute, and play our best players.

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Aye possibly but is that not because you can’t do double jeopardy now? I think if that’s us and you take both a penalty and a red card for that you’d be furious.

It’s a hard game for the ref and a lot of tough decisions in it that I think he got right. Think you’ve got to give credit where it’s due when we’re used to controversy every week 

No the double rule is they don't get a straight red card if a penalty is given away unless it's a blatant denial of a goalacoring opportunity 

2nd yellows are allowed, wether the foul merits a yellow is another debate

Hopefully, going forward, the players can have more belief, they battered that lot 2nd half but we need that from the start, come out and prove you do have the bottle and fight for these games from the off. The other side is that it surely must affect the taigs confidence to have thrown away 2 points. 

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

Yeah I thought so too, the only thing he offered above Lawrence was the wind up factor, he really gets under their skin. I do think we would have played better in the first half though if he'd started.

more than that he draws players to him creating space for others. Lawrence doesnt 

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Really saw it differently.

I thought he had a good game. Always tough when it’s packed in the midfield.

But he won far more 50/50 than he lost. Broke up a lot of play. Did ok in possession.

He’s not to blame today for the shit show at the back.

The midfield and defence was a fucking shitshow.

Sterling should be first name on team sheet for our midfield.

Just now, downviewbear said:

Don't think so think he bottled booking Johnson for the penalty wee cunt should've been booked and sent off.

And how many fouls did that little prick Maeda make?  Easily enough for a second booking.

1 minute ago, writingranger said:

Tavernier had a stinker, but somehow he does it again.

One of those games where he converts a penalty and is tank rotten the other 99% of the game. Couldn’t decide whether to send the ball back to Butland or clear it so Maeda made up his mind for him. How many Old Firm games and Tav doesn’t get that you don’t lope after a ball against the Japanese.

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Aye possibly but is that not because you can’t do double jeopardy now? I think if that’s us and you take both a penalty and a red card for that you’d be furious.

It’s a hard game for the ref and a lot of tough decisions in it that I think he got right. Think you’ve got to give credit where it’s due when we’re used to controversy every week 

Don't think you can issue a yellow based on var iirc, even though it should've been if seen in real time.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

I saved it for the WhatsApp groups to protect my rep on here as a sensible fan mate

there’s levels to this game

My rep in this forum in tatters anyway