*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

22 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I was convinced league was done at HT.

Things like that stopage time goal remind me of Shaggers pen save against Samaras. It's league defining.

Not over by a long shot now.

Same here, and when they went 3-2 up it was utterly gutting. 

Thank you Rangers for getting fucked in about them in that second half.

Once the dust settles I’ll be happy with the draw simply because of how shit we were today….  

That was one massive goal Rabbi scored and to be 2-2 then 2-3 up and throw is away will be grating them because they aren’t anywhere near as good as we made them look at times. 

As confidence goes we have it. We win on Wednesday we go back top and our injured players are all returning so I’d hope they will kick on. 

1 minute ago, Blue72 said:

Tbh didn’t think it was a penalty - but looks different from different angles - overall think VAR ruined the game, lost its flow (both for decision that went our way and one against) 

First reaction I thought Silva threw himself, but there was contact the guys leg is over his knee so even if Silva did go down easily, its still a penalty. Never hear Sutton moan when Kyogo does it, all the fucking time. And from what I remember, Sutton himself was pretty good at the old dive. 

8 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

For all the pressure he was under, Beaton deserves nothing but credit today. Best OF ref performance in a long while.

Was it? Missed 3 really big calls. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

See on the foul for the disallowed goal, you see those not given all the fucking time.

Didn’t they score a goal in Gerrard’s first game against us with Rogic or some cunt starting off with a foul in a similar position?

With VAR he has to chalk that off, it was a blatant foul. Again you’re furious if that happens to us as we were pre-VAR with the goal you’ve mentioned  

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

What was the fight about at full time

Cantwell and McGregor winding each other up during the game then acting like wee lassies after it, Handbags.Not calling out anybodies gender here by the way I don’t want lifted by the hurty-word mob.🇬🇧🍺

Just now, Marco said:

100%. I'd rather than a solid RB who does the job defensively and contributes with some forward runs etc, than Tav regularly scoring goals at one end but regularly costing them at the other. Incredibly frustrating player. Up to Clement and Koppen to make that evolution happen.

It’s not a dig at Tav he’s been exceptional for us just feel these are the little changes I hope the management make moving forward.

I slaughtered this group during the game for our mentality against Celtic.

I do believe there is an issue there in some capacity with certain players. I do think Goldson can be such a liability in these games at times.

But to come back from what looked like a certain defeat to score in the last few mins to take away a point is absolutely massive. That takes some balls and I take my hat off to the players and yes yet again my wording was wrong regarding our players.

1 minute ago, Big Al 55 said:

Was there contact though? What did VAR see then?

There was 110% contact. Was it enough to take silva down? Depends on what camera angle you look at. 

They spent the whole game moaning about Silva diving (some of which was completely justified in fairness) 

9 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

For all the pressure he was under, Beaton deserves nothing but credit today. Best OF ref performance in a long while.

He messed key moments up though.

CCV should have been booked for kicking the ball away. Clear foul on Silva and the one on Iwata.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

In my old man’s car on the way home now, so haven’t seen anything back but key thoughts…

- Tav & Goldson’s arses collapsed again first half

- Sterling doesn’t work at LB

- Lawrence can’t start the next one

- Wright is just miles off the level needed 

- PC got that first half team massively wrong 

I thought we had to win today to win the league before the game, but at 2-0 down to get back to 3-3 and still have it in our hands, it’s a decent result in retrospect.

Thought Sterling had a good 2nd half. Don't think LB suits him as much, but that ball he defended in the box where he got injured. Barisic would still have been out on the flank twiddling his thumbs. 

Just now, Redmond7 said:

First reaction I thought Silva threw himself, but there was contact the guys leg is over his knee so even if Silva did go down easily, its still a penalty. Never hear Sutton moan when Kyogo does it, all the fucking time. And from what I remember, Sutton himself was pretty good at the old dive. 

Aye he’s like a US shock jock though, loves the outrage so best ignoring his nonsense tbh.

thought it was soft but probably right call - if that penalty was given against us though I’d be fuming tbh.

3 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Tbh didn’t think it was a penalty - but looks different from different angles - overall think VAR ruined the game, lost its flow (both for decision that went our way and one against) 

If that's not a pen then our second goal should stand. Same amount of contact. 

It's a definite penalty. There is clear contact and that's all that matters. Nobody can guess if there is enough contact to make someone fall.

Just now, RS4_wul said:

Sterling is a fucking machine.

Love the guy. 

He was wasted at left back but seriously dug us out reading the game with that challenge in the box and the build up to one of the goals

2 minutes ago, Marco said:

100%. I'd rather than a solid RB who does the job defensively and contributes with some forward runs etc, than Tav regularly scoring goals at one end but regularly costing them at the other. Incredibly frustrating player. Up to Clement and Koppen to make that evolution happen.

He hit a clearance against Maeda with a ricochet you virtually never see in football.

Other than that Maeda did fuck all.

Butland has been sensational this season but he should've saved all 3 of those goals today imo.

He was in no man's land for the first, the penalty, have some savvy and cover the middle.

The third he let squirm under him.