Tav's time is up.

3 minutes ago, MarzM said:

What do we think of this new position Tav is playing?

Starts at RB but he's inverting and being used more a sitting midfielder and only breaking forward occasionally. Leaving Cerny to just "get on with it" being the winger.

Thought it worked better for him and Cerny

2 minutes ago, MarzM said:

Starts at RB but he's inverting and being used more a sitting midfielder and only breaking forward occasionally. Leaving Cerny to just "get on with it" being the winger.

Its a system the tarriers implemented when the fat aussie came, issue is that when tav is asked to defend he cant do it

Next week they will target him with everything they have

3 minutes ago, MarzM said:

I didn't think he was anything special. Some will look to the assist and say he played well.

He didn't play bad, just meh.

I can see Cerny getting frustrated with Tav's demands to take all the set pieces. That simply has to change going forward. If we're stuck with him this season his role in the side needs to evolve and ease back. He needs to understand he's not the player he was or thinks he is. I hope PC has another captain in mind but fear we're stuck with him.

I’ve always been a big fan of Tav and still believe he has been incredible value for money over the years. However, I can hardly remember any Rangers player whose basic skills have deteriorated as quickly as his have.  Fear for him up against Maeda next week and hope PC has the wisdom to drop him and put Sterling at RB.

38 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Was slightly better today, not particularly great tbh, and did get a decent assist.

Buy by fuck the scum players will be pleading to start on the left wing next weekend. He'll get destroyed unless he dramatically ups his game.

One in the first half where a county boy flicked it through his legs after he dived in, such an amateur thing to do, 

What worries me more is souttar is on the same side as him who is just as culpable of absolute shit show errors 

Did well in the inverted role, some nice link up with Cerny, only issue is it makes us very narrow at times and wide open on counter.

Will be interesting to see how we approach the filth next week as with their press we could potentially overload ourselves in our half.

42 minutes ago, molesmole said:

Caught a few times with hale running behind- county went longer down that side a few times 

needs to take maeda out the game as quick as possible or it will be a long afternoon for him. 

Maeda will do his hammy tomorrow, so it's fine. 

Was fine today, but fluffed a chance that could easily have seen us go 1-0 about 20 seconds later.

The inverted fullback role seems to suit him given his current attributes, but I’m terrified for him at their dump. Will absolutely be targeted. 

He was good today but he’ll almost certainly cost us next week.  

Frustratingly, we can all see it coming, if Clement starts him (which he will).  That’s then on Clement if we get the same outcome/performance from Tav.  Hope he surprises us by changing it up.