“Pundits”

10 hours ago, real boydie9 said:

I heard him too. He's an absolute prick. Some of the shite he was spouting was unreal. 

Like claiming VAR had cost them the game - at least I think thats what he slevering on his X post - when in reality it was us who suffered from it the most. Funny thing is, when VAR gave them their penalty, he was ok with that.

At least Sutton, hypocrite that he is, did play for that mob so mibbe thinks he has a bit of affinity but Stewart is just a grade A moron.

The pundits should be either impartial or people who aren’t just out to be cheerleaders and stoke controversy but Sky don’t want that 

I’d happily replace Sutton and Boyd with Petrov and McCann. You know where those two stand but they will both at least be professional and try to provide some insight on the game. 

I think they have McFadden on to be the impartial one which is mad when he was on their books. Didn’t mind when Marvin Bartley was doing the games, wouldn’t mind him back on as the impartial pundit 

Of course none of this will ever happen because no one wants conspiracies and folk greeting about referees every week more than Sky do 

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

Unanimous verdict on Sky Ref Watch, penalty award 100% correct. 

Also worth noting that they were expressing major doubts about the Lawrence tackle being in the phase of attacking play 15 secs before the ball hits the net. 

The only reason the Silva one is "controversial" is because that ass hat Sutton said it was on commentary.

Anyone not wearing tinted specs knows it's a penalty.

The controversial decisions were the Goldson handball (considering it was delfected from a yard away) and the disallowed goal as you mentioned.

11 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

The only reason the Silva one is "controversial" is because that ass hat Sutton said it was on commentary.

Anyone not wearing tinted specs knows it's a penalty.

The controversial decisions were the Goldson handball (considering it was delfected from a yard away) and the disallowed goal as you mentioned.

I've no issue with the Goldson penalty, in this day and age.  I'd be screaming blue murder if we didn't get it the other way.

Silva (despite him being embarrassing yesterday) was a stick on penalty.  

The Lawrence one.......I wasn't raging at the time, but the more and more I think about it, the more I question it now because of the amount of time it took.  What I would say is that his tackle (it was a foul) lead to us having the ball and scoring, in the same phase of play.  If we had lost possession again, got it straight back, then scored, then it's a different phase and my understanding is that you can't then go back.  I'd still wager it being the same phase of play that lead to us scoring, so I've no real issue with it.  It's not like we were diddled like we were with VAR in the first Ibrox game with Dessers dispossessing and us scoring. 

2 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Just heard Michael Stewart on BBC comms at the Silva penalty, he utters the words "Alistair Johnson wins the ball" about 8 times... what planet is this guy on?  Silva rinsed him, "winning the ball" means you either gain possession or perhaps you clear it from the forward.  If not for the foul then Silva is past him. You don't get to impede a forward's progress by kicking him in the knee just because the ball touched your shoelace. No wonder Michael Stewart's career was such a failure.

I'd he doesn't understand that he's not qualified to commentate on football.

43 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Also worth noting that they were expressing major doubts about the Lawrence tackle being in the phase of attacking play 15 secs before the ball hits the net. 

It wasn't even the biggest talking point it was about the yellow card that ccv should have got for kicking the ball away

I didn’t see the whole game but I hear Sutton’s cheering their 3rd, that’s completely unprofessional when they are there to provide balanced comments. Can you imagine how they furore if Boyd was on co-comms and all you could hear was his “yaaaas” when Matondo scored? 

8 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

It wasn't even the biggest talking point it was about the yellow card that ccv should have got for kicking the ball away

Didn’t catch that bit as turned it off after the pen analysis, can’t fkn stand the show but was interested in their take of the pen. 

Sky knowingly set it up so that everything is sensationalised and a conspiracy. 

I watched the Ipswich Norwich game on Saturday, Sutton was on and gave a completely normal analysis with no conspiracy theories or comments about certain players. Given he played for Norwich and lives there, it’s interesting how unbiased he actually was… almost like someone has his ear when he makes a trip to Glasgow. 

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Unanimous agreement from all 3 neutral Sky pundits that it’s 100% a penalty.

Yet we have muppets commentating crying it’s not.

Only in Scotland

Indeed, they didn't even debate the penalty.

The debate was;

1. Should Alistair Johnson been shown a second yellow for the foul which led to the penalty?

2. Why was Cameron Carter-Vickers not booked for kicking the ball away (something Anthony Gordon was sent off for last week for Newcastle).

3. Was VAR wrong to intervene so far back in the Dessers goal, is that a case of re-refereeing the game?

I think if that game was played down south the Dessers goal stands and celtic could well have finished the game with 9 men. Yet the discussion up here surrounds Chris Sutton and Michael Stewart crying into their microphones about decisions that everyone knows is a stonewall penalty.

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Unanimous agreement from all 3 neutral Sky pundits that it’s 100% a penalty.

Yet we have muppets commentating crying it’s not.

Only in Scotland

Gallagher isn’t neutral 

Problem is the likes of Sutton and Stewart aren’t man enough to own up to their mistakes they refuse to correct themselves even when given proof.

I thought Silvia’s pen might have been an act until I saw the replay from behind the goal

Silva is his own worst enemy with his antics, refs will always think he’s trying to con them

3 hours ago, Amokachi said:

I have no doubt if that goal had been for the tarriers it would have been allowed, it was a very dubious call IMO.

I'm no fan of referees/officials in this country, but given all the controversy I think they handled the game pretty well.

The problem with Var is that when you see contact when the image is frozen you have to give it. The fact that it was been deemed to go to var also already creates doubt in the referees mind, thats human nature.

Their logic makes no sense: if the referee was a cheat, why would his initial reaction be to book a Rangers player for diving and deem no pen?

18 hours ago, Unionblue said:

They get paid to bait the baying mob, sack them all, the whole genre is a waste of time, just let's see the fucking game and make our own minds up.

:thumbup:

Exactly mate.

I wish they would have a ... "Pundit Break ... a bit like an International break ................................... only forever .................................. and ever ......................... AMEN ...😛

🇬🇧

Listening to Michael Stewarts meltdown is embarrassing

This pish he peddled that he won the ball....does the retard not realise the ball was still in play and was totally in Silvas range before he is caught high on the thigh....even Peter Grant said it was a penalty.....wankers like Sutton & Stewart are given a platform to peddle this propaganda.....totally fucking embarrassing 

47 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Listening to Michael Stewarts meltdown is embarrassing

This pish he peddled that he won the ball....does the retard not realise the ball was still in play and was totally in Silvas range before he is caught high on the thigh....even Peter Grant said it was a penalty.....wankers like Sutton & Stewart are given a platform to peddle this propaganda.....totally fucking embarrassing 

scraps for the social detritus to feed on, a total fucking beamer, the media coverage of the game here  is at an all time low thanks to cunts like that getting a gig.

Even English neutrals were all over Twitter commenting on the bias, followed by millions of tarriers "but but what about Chris Boyd and Kenny Miller their just as bad"

The idea that Boyd is anywhere near as bad as Sutton is bullshit, Kris Boyd just isn't afraid to keep correcting the other bias commentators and pundits but there's clearly a reason no neutrals pick up on him as being bias.

The broadcasters and even our football association are the ones who should really be taken to task over this.  If commentators/pundits are clearly biased towards/against a specific team during match commentaries and cannot be impartial, then they really should be applying for gigs on club based tv platforms etc.  

All this is doing by having individuals like Sutton and Stewart on commentary is it cheapens the product up here even more, as it portrays the whole product as a clown outfit and not to be taken seriously.  I love Chris Boyd but even he should not be in the Sky remote studios (in Scotland) on match days, he is better than that. He just gets dragged into all the nonsense and it’s fucking embarrassing at times.

There are good pundits out there like McCann & Petrov. Move away from individuals who cannot provide professional analysis on games because their love (or hatred) clouds their ability to be impartial.  These individuals are well paid, it’s about time the broadcasters stopped short changing viewers of Scottish Football and at least made an attempt to try and hide the contempt they have for our product, by employing competent individuals for the gig  The SPFL should also be questioning this (no laughing at the back).