Is Clement getting an easy ride?

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Turning into Pedro.

Rambling about watching the Man Utd ‘99 documentary, and then losing early then great players like Roy Keane supporting the youngsters to get better.

Losing the plot. 

Genuinely cringed listening to that

Feel for clement although I would like to see us playing better. 

The problem is he has had the rug pulled from under him. Got a bunch of players he had to keep on side when he first came in. When the league was gone he rightly came out and said it would be a big rebuild(looks like he was told he had the funds) 

Now he can't do that rebuild, stuck with players he doesn't want and the players know it. So they are not going give 100% and other clubs know we want rid so our barganing position is shit. 

Disaster all round. 

That is all on the board. Wasting money on bad managers,  not investing when they should, giving average players big deals and the stadium fuck up. The list could go on 

17 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

Feel for clement although I would like to see us playing better. 

The problem is he has had the rug pulled from under him. Got a bunch of players he had to keep on side when he first came in. When the league was gone he rightly came out and said it would be a big rebuild(looks like he was told he had the funds) 

Now he can't do that rebuild, stuck with players he doesn't want and the players know it. So they are not going give 100% and other clubs know we want rid so our barganing position is shit. 

Disaster all round. 

That is all on the board. Wasting money on bad managers,  not investing when they should, giving average players big deals and the stadium fuck up. The list could go on 

I think the fella is as frustrated as the rest of us but he should be getting a bit more out of them. You can’t polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter. Plus that medical and sports science department should be sent packing ffs.

The big question here is pretty simple. 

Do you think Clement can win us the league? With his own players and his own brand of football, can we be the best team in the country for a sustained period of time? 

Personally I'm really struggling to see how that happens after the dramatic down in performances and results since March. I'm fully aware of the mitigating factors around the general quality of the squad and the chemistry and harmony, or lack of it, that hes had to deal with also. It certainly hasn't been a easy job up to this point, but on the other hand, I don't think he's made things particularly easy for himself either. 

And just for the record, I had the same conversation about the same question after our poor run of results under Gerrard just before Covid shut everything down. I was very much wrong at that time, I would absolutely love to be wrong here again. 

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

Would love someone to ask him what he thinks is behind the massive change in results since March and what he's gonna do to vet us back to pre March form.

He would probably talk about how many of those draws and losses were moral victories for us.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This would be ok if it wasn’t for how naively coached and tactically set up we have seemed time and time again.

Can’t disagree, unfortunately just feel we have a squad jam packed with spastics that no manager will get a tune from. An accumulation of multiple dreadful transfer windows.

always comes back to the same point that we are absolutely fucked, and it’s truly beyond depressing 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Heavy dugs barking and seagulls following trawlers vibes.

Anyways I'm away back to reminisce over 1999, we won the double that year 😁

We won the treble cliching the title at the chamber of secrets. There's your inspiration phillipe.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Tbf to Clement, he has brought in Propper, Cerny, Diomande, Cortés & Barron who all seem to be a better standard than Ridvan, Wright, Matondo, Davies etc who he inherited. I suppose these things do take time.

I think your overly positive about the signings. Cortes in particular.

4 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

It's going to be a long non-event season. Back to watching down behind the couch against them. Fucking depressing really. 

TBH a total rebuild was always gonna make this happen, the sad thing is we have to go a bit more down before we can truly rebuild, ie  get rid of dead wood on the field and even deader wood in the boardroom