*****Official Rangers vs St Johnstone League Cup last 16 match thread*****

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Course they will be. They’ll be desperate to repeat the cycle of the last 2 years to preserve their undeserved and biggest contracts of their careers. 

The manager doesn’t want them, the fans don’t want them. They’re in for a shock this season because the manager despite his flaws will be the last person the fans turn on

Won't take long, it's already happening with everything he's saying being micro-analysed for criticism.

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Course they will be. They’ll be desperate to repeat the cycle of the last 2 years to preserve their undeserved and biggest contracts of their careers. 

The manager doesn’t want them, the fans don’t want them. They’re in for a shock this season because the manager despite his flaws will be the last person the fans turn on

I really hope you’re right. We need a cull this year and take whatever comes to reset for the long term.

Butland

Souttar Propper Nsiala

McCausland Diomande Barron Sterling Jefte

Dessers Igmane

Clement's a few games away from losing the full support, the board have already lost it and the vast majority know its the boards fault. 

If you're signing these young players, fuck it throw them in and play them, the fans would rather see Nsiala/Igmane over Davies/Danilo

Get the formation changed, do something different & the fans will at least give you the backing. Keep going the way you're going and being the boards mouthpiece because they've given you a new contract then he'll be hounded out well before christmas.

Edited and took out Cerny - If we're serious about a rebuild and parking this season, whats the fucking point in having a loan signing like Cerny in the team, it's a complete waste of time/match minutes to even play the guy.

6 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Butland

Souttar Propper Nsiala

McCausland Diomande Barron Sterling Jefte

Dessers Igmane

Clement's a few games away from losing the full support, the board have already lost it and the vast majority know its the boards fault. 

If you're signing these young players, fuck it throw them in and play them, the fans would rather see Nsiala/Igmane over Davies/Danilo

Get the formation changed, do something different & the fans will at least give you the backing. Keep going the way you're going and being the boards mouthpiece because they've given you a new contract then he'll be hounded out well before christmas.

Edited and took out Cerny - If we're serious about a rebuild and parking this season, whats the fucking point in having a loan signing like Cerny in the team, it's a complete waste of time/match minutes to even play the guy.

That will never happen but its the kind of thing that would get fans onside. Who knows igamane might be a game changer...

Given it’s the league cup and we’re at home I’d like to see…

Kelly

Tav Propper Balogun Jefte

Sterling Barron

Cerny Lowry Matondo

Danilo

Biggest thing is getting Lowry and Danilo some game time. We can’t go the next 6 months with only Lawrence as our 10 or only Dessers as the CF. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Given it’s the league cup and we’re at home I’d like to see…

Kelly

Tav Propper Balogun Jefte

Sterling Barron

Cerny Lowry Matondo

Danilo

Biggest thing is getting Lowry and Danilo some game time. We can’t go the next 6 months with only Lawrence as our 10 or only Dessers as the CF. 

Neither Lowry or Danilo will play 

We really need to win this game, and try and win the cup.

The cups are our only chance of silverware. Even then we'd need  some other team to knock the filth out.

I'd like to see Phil play some more of the new signings and some youngsters too,  but he seems too scared to and is relying on the old guard who have let us down so many times before. 

Dreading reading the team lineup tbh. 

I hope this game being at Hampden does not make it more difficult, along with a small crowd probably. I certainly could not blame any fan staying home today and watching it on TV.

We should be winning this game, but St Johnstone have nothing to lose and zero pressure. I also notice they put 3 past Killie.

Any win and into the next round will do for me. 

I think we'll see a few unexpected changes today. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dowell start. As for Danilo starting that wouldn't really surprise me either despite getting zero game time off the bench. It's the types of wild decisions that we do. 

I think we'll be fine today.

I know there's a level of anxiety around because of the shambles behind the scenes at the club, but we'll get past St.Johnstone today.

They'll sit and be hard to beat, try and frustrate us. It won't be pretty unless we score early, but games against St. Johnstone are rarely pretty. 

2-0 to us. 

• .Williamson. changed the title to *****Official Rangers vs St Johnstone League Cup last 16 match thread*****
1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

I think we'll see a few unexpected changes today. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dowell start. As for Danilo starting that wouldn't really surprise me either despite getting zero game time off the bench. It's the types of wild decisions that we do. 

I'm sure he said last week we'd see Danilo at some stage in the next week, so wouldn't surprise me at all, even if it's for 45 minutes.