Tavernier stay or go

BlueEdu

Tavernier - stay or go  

304 members have voted

1. 1. How many of us want tavernier to stay?

• Stay
    • Go now

2 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I had thought Propper would have been that leader given his past.

I know it's early days from him so it may come, but so far he doesn't look to be the vocally dominant centre half I had hoped for. 

Only captains can approach the referee now so Propper can’t get in their face. Nor can he just jump in the team and start barking instructions/warranted criticism at team mates. Needs a settling in period before doing that otherwise he’ll piss off team mates.

Scoring an own goal and being injured means he’s had to keep a lower profile too.

Hopefully that’s the case anyway as we need someone who’ll boot a few arses on the pitch.

Been our best most consistent player for best part of a decade now and by a country mile playing up to 60 games a season and wracking up numbers for goals and assists unlikely to be seen again from a defender.

Should never have been captain (not his fault) been over played over relied on and run in to the ground (not his fault)

Rangers should NOT have been relying on a RB to provide the bulk of our goals and assists, it's hogtied us and held us back.

Tav should be remembered as one of our best full backs instead he will be remembered as our worst captain, I repeat should NOT have been given the armband!

3 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

Been our best most consistent player for best part of a decade now and by a country mile playing up to 60 games a season and wracking up numbers for goals and assists unlikely to be seen again from a defender.

Should never have been captain (not his fault) been over played over relied on and run in to the ground (not his fault)

Rangers should NOT have been relying on a RB to provide the bulk of our goals and assists, it's hogtied us and held us back.

Tav should be remembered as one of our best full backs instead he will be remembered as our worst captain, I repeat should NOT have been given the armband!

Seen this a few times now, hes not once played 60 games in a season for us :lol:

4 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

He's going nowhere until at least January.  Let's get behind him and the team, no option really.

Honestly mate.  It won’t make a bit of difference if we get behind him or not.  He’s not part of our future, and we would be no worse off if we benched him until he eventually goes.  He’s a liability, and has no stomach for a fight.

1 hour ago, DMax399 said:

Honestly mate.  It won’t make a bit of difference if we get behind him or not.  He’s not part of our future, and we would be no worse off if we benched him until he eventually goes.  He’s a liability, and has no stomach for a fight.

I was a huge fan of Tav. Especially in the Euro cup run.

I think he has lost the drive now, and he doesn't realise it.

He is a driven person and maybe just doesn't know when to let go. Sad to see.

Took us to a penalty shootout in a Euro final (excelled that year) and went downhill from there. As sis the squad and management tbf.

I think he should have followed Gio when he moved. They had a fantastic manager to captain relationship.

He onviously needs a change of scenery.

Loyalty only takes you so far. Sometimes you need a new challenge.

Refresh the page for everyone's sake.

1 hour ago, Boybluesy said:

He's going nowhere until at least January.  Let's get behind him and the team, no option really.

He won't go in January either

He's linked with moves to Saudi every window now and I'm not convinced there's ever been anything in it. My guess is he'll leave next summer or he'll finish here when he retires.

7 hours ago, stevemac said:

Seen this a few times now, hes not once played 60 games in a season for us :lol:

He played 59 competitive matches last season. Of which he played at least 85 minutes in each match.

And 8 friendlies. And similar for the seasons before.

The guy has played an utterly insane amount of football. And probably asked to cover more ground than any other position.

We’ve done the opposite of trying to manage him.

Clement made that decision and fucked it with a few players. Legs are done. Should have been moved on. 

Surely worth a try in midfield at this stage. I know that's been a long term argument but he's way too slow for rb now. He could surely be a combative midfielder like ricksen? Would be good to keep his set pieces in side. If not he simply must not play.

Tav knows he's a limited footballer and wouldn't be able to handle the abuse sure to come is way from rabid Turkey fans.

He is here for the remainder of his contract now. He may end up costing Clement his job.

Meanwhile, we will continue to play Sterling out of position...

12 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Surely worth a try in midfield at this stage. I know that's been a long term argument but he's way too slow for rb now. He could surely be a combative midfielder like ricksen? Would be good to keep his set pieces in side. If not he simply must not play.

He can't run, or get back like he used too, Ricksen could do both and tackle- mix it, Tav can't, he should be used less and less, or rested,

We really need to see if Sterling can play right back or not, or else ease in another right back I'm pretty sure the new guy can play right back aswell as CB

On 13/09/2024 at 21:57, MacBoyd said:

You are joking, right?

On 13/09/2024 at 18:12, OrangeRab said:

He played 59 competitive matches last season. Of which he played at least 85 minutes in each match.

And 8 friendlies. And similar for the seasons before.

The guy has played an utterly insane amount of football. And probably asked to cover more ground than any other position.

We’ve done the opposite of trying to manage him.

Clement made that decision and fucked it with a few players. Legs are done. Should have been moved on. 

Regardless of what you think of Tav, successive managers have asked him to play far too many minutes.

I can't think of any other player that has been pushed that hard in football.

It is bound to lead to physical and mental burnout.

We have burnt him out and it clearly shows.

On 13/09/2024 at 22:14, bluenoz said:

Tav knows he's a limited footballer and wouldn't be able to handle the abuse sure to come is way from rabid Turkey fans.

He is here for the remainder of his contract now. He may end up costing Clement his job.

Meanwhile, we will continue to play Sterling out of position...

So he doesn't get abuse from our fans at games, after games and online?

:lol:

Mental take.