Slovenia v Scotland

12 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Because you told someone saying come on Scotland to fuck off.  Why wouldn’t I quote you when my point was about people hating their own national team?

I told him to go and take a fuck to himself for saying he hoped Northern Ireland got destroyed.

What the fuck has that got to do with referendums and hating Scotland, which i never said i did?

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I told him to go and take a fuck to himself for saying he hoped Northern Ireland got destroyed.

What the fuck has that got to do with referendums and hating Scotland, which i never said i did?

Never even noticed the NI part to be honest

I apologise if I got you mixed up with the other posters.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

People having a go at cunts for cheering goals against Scotland.  Fuck off, the tartan army is full off Rangers hating cunts, cunts that boo their own players simply because they play for Rangers, cunts that take banners to have a go at their own players simply because they play for Rangers.  Fuck every single one of the Rangers hating sheep shagging bastards. 

Spot on mate 

2 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

If there were any Rangers players in that shower of shite that bunch of diddy team supporters would have booed them every time they touched the ball--Tartan Army--give me a break GIRFUW kiltie boys, you are a pile of shite and long may it continue.

post of the day:tu:

4 hours ago, ZZed said:

Scotland are truly a poor football nation. I looked at some countries in Europe that have smaller populations that us and  most of them are better at football. Why are we so poor at bring talent on?

For me it's because these other small countries have boys who are willing to get out of their comfort zone and move to different leagues and countries and test themselves against better teams and imbed themselves in different footballing cultures. They have more ambitious attitudes than us. 

Look at the Belgian league?

The Tarriers tore apart the Belgian champions away but yet Belguim have an amazing group of players? Because they players knew playing in their diddy league isn't going to improve them.

Scotland players are too comfortable playing in the shitty SPL and English championship and don't want to seek out moves to Germany, Italy, France and Spain like the Belgian boys have done and use that to spring onwards to much bigger clubs playing for major league titles and champions league crowns.

Nah, Scotland players are happy settling for finishing mid table championship or winning a one-team pishy league with the tarriers so they can still kick about with their pals like a bunch of neds.

Oliver Burke moved to Germany but instead of getting his head down and busting his arse for a champions league team team he reverted to type and fucked off to a mid-table EPL team going nowhere. 

Russian Football have the same issue. 

8 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

For me it's because these other small countries have boys who are willing to get out of their comfort zone and move to different leagues and countries and test themselves against better teams and imbed themselves in different footballing cultures. They have more ambitious attitudes than us. 

Look at the Belgian league?

The Tarriers tore apart the Belgian champions away but yet Belguim have an amazing group of players? Because they players knew playing in their diddy league isn't going to improve them.

Scotland players are too comfortable playing in the shitty SPL and English championship and don't want to seek out moves to Germany, Italy, France and Spain like the Belgian boys have done and use that to spring onwards to much bigger clubs playing for major league titles and champions league crowns.

Nah, Scotland players are happy settling for finishing mid table championship or winning a one-team pishy league with the tarriers so they can still kick about with their pals like a bunch of neds.

Oliver Burke moved to Germany but instead of getting his head down and busting his arse for a champions league team team he reverted to type and fucked off to a mid-table EPL team going nowhere. 

Russian Football have the same issue. 

This is without doubt the reason the English national team is so poor as well, the only argument with your theory is that maybe teams abroad don't think our players are good enough to want them.Its definitely true though that all the successful national teams, large nations and small nations, have players scattered throughout Europe.

8 hours ago, ZZed said:

Scotland are truly a poor football nation. I looked at some countries in Europe that have smaller populations that us and  most of them are better at football. Why are we so poor at bring talent on?

33 different European countries have qualified for Euros and WCs since 98. This includes the other home nations and rep of ireland and footballing powers such as Slovenia, Bulgaria, Albania, Hungary, Iceland and my personal favourite Latvia. I would also argue there will be a couple more before Scotland gets back.

When you look at the two teams Scotland were up against the only thing that makes Scotland's squad better than Slovenia and Slovakia is that people see these players more. Slovakia for me have a better first 11 than Scotland if you consider where some of there guys play their football.

Then there is Slovenia who they are nip and tuck with pretty much but they also have Illicic playing at Atalanta, Kampl at Leipzig and Oblak at Atletico which is a much higher level than any of Scotland's players play at and that includes the players that play in the EPL.

I think it's down to culture and a lot of apathy. I think when a Snodgrass or a McArthur go down there to a Hull or West Ham or Crystal Palace they think they've made it. The last guy off the top of my head to move to a top EPL team was Alan Hutton and that was 10 years in January.

Scotland can qualify for a tournament in the short term if they stop appointing simpletons as manager. The last good manager they had was McLeish and then Smith before him.