Sell on Clause

pcbear

Sorry if this is old news but Ipswich are looking for 10 million pounds for Martin Waghorn but "might" accept 8, Joey Garner and Waghorn according to Mick McCarthy cost Ipswich less than 1m for the pair, that market is nuts but I hope we have a decent % in there as a sell on clause.

14 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Everyone was high fiving on here last year for getting rid of the players we did. We were told how shite they were and that we should be delighted their gone and now people are hoping and or annoyed that there might not be a sell on clause :lol:

Correct, but anyone with half a clue would have inserted a standard sell on clause, i think we got a few quid when Charlie Adam moved on from Blackpool but thats the only one i can think of.

11 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Amazing what happens if you play a Striker who is built like a fridge up front instead of out wide

The irony here (and I may be alone in this comment) is that Morelos looks okay running in from the right and taking players on ... in that role Waghorn wasnt as good at.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Correct, but anyone with half a clue would have inserted a standard sell on clause, i think we got a few quid when Charlie Adam moved on from Blackpool but thats the only one i can think of.

Why though.  Both players were sold for less than a million. Both players hounded as being absolutely shite. A manager who hated anyone that he took a dislike to basically let them walk out the club.

Not one person on here that I recall said at the time, "we better have put a sell on clause in"

22 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Everyone was high fiving on here last year for getting rid of the players we did. We were told how shite they were and that we should be delighted their gone and now people are hoping and or annoyed that there might not be a sell on clause :lol:

Flipflop Media strikes again. 

Spoiler

I detested Waghorn though. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Flipflop Media strikes again. 

Hide contents

I detested Waghorn though. 

I actually quite liked waghorn as a player if I'm honest. However the similarities in him.and Alfredos form.dips are frightening. Both players always looked dangerous even if they didn't score, they always worked hard and looked like scoring. Then the confidence totally goes and they just look awful. I don't know what it is with us but it's worrying.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I actually quite liked waghorn as a player if I'm honest. However the similarities in him.and Alfredos form.dips are frightening. Both players always looked dangerous even if they didn't score, they always worked hard and looked like scoring. Then the confidence totally goes and they just look awful. I don't know what it is with us but it's worrying.

When he touched the ball and ran it out for a throw in against the beasts that completely ended me :lol:

16 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Why though.  Both players were sold for less than a million. Both players hounded as being absolutely shite. A manager who hated anyone that he took a dislike to basically let them walk out the club.

Not one person on here that I recall said at the time, "we better have put a sell on clause in"

Should be standard just in case the frog turns into a prince.

I liked waggy but the game at parkhead where he missed chances was the end for me too unfortunately. Glad he's doing well but pissed it's not to our benefit re a sell on clause. You think if we are letting players go for nominal fees we'd have even larger sell on clauses upwards of 20%. St mirren get 30 percent of Mcginn leaving hibs which is probably why hibs are driving a hard bargain.