Ally McCoist: Rangers Are Four Top Players Away From Matching celtic

tannerall

42 minutes ago, tannerall said:

It's not his job to identify who these players will be.

He is absolutely bob on though. That's what we need.

Pretty much sums up our situation with this statement......if we can bring in the right 4 or 5 players we will win the league next season imo.

Dave King needs to fund SG  in the transfer market this summer - no ifs buts or maybes.

Well we definitely need another quality keeper. We'll have to replace Morelos, certainly need a CB or 2 and a left winger if we don't get Kent.

We still need to get rid of some dead wood though and that should take priority, in order to free up wages/funds.

For me player to go should be: Foderingham, Flanagan, Warral, McAuley, Wallace, Dorrans, Lafferty and maybe Murphy (if we get Kent). 3 of them could be replaced with youth/reserve players already on the books.

8 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Pretty much sums up our situation with this statement......if we can bring in the right 4 or 5 players we will win the league next season imo.

Dave King needs to fund SG  in the transfer market this summer - no ifs buts or maybes.

How much do you think DK and the 3 Bears need to invest. The season ticket money will/should cover the running costs this season. 

12 minutes ago, LV said:

How much do you think DK and the 3 Bears need to invest. The season ticket money will/should cover the running costs this season. 

If we sell Morelos then 20 million would probably be realistic...... and should be enough to add the 4 or 5 quality players we need.

4 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Still half a team away from matching a bang average scum team from this season. Buzzing. 

We've probably got the shit half of a scum team at present. So the four or five in would need to be the equivalent of their four or five best players. So in actual fact that's a huge fucking gap away.

He obviously hasn't really thought it through.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

If we sell Morelos then 20 million would probably be realistic...... and should be enough to add the 4 or 5 quality players we need.

I think it should be transfer fees + top up from DK&T3B by about 10+million to give us a decent chance this season. 

8 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Rangers are a matter of consistency away from challenging those tramps. I don’t fear them at all, I fear Rangers stopping themselves as we have done on numerous occasions this season. 

And it’s signing 4-5 higher quality of player that brings that consistency.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

He’s not wrong but no doubt this thread will fill with people slagging him off pretty quickly.

Its quality of player we need not quantity I said when we got back up we should have signed four quality players every season if possible rather than fill the team with squad fillers if we did that and got credible managerial candidates we could have been ahead of the game instead of always chasing it.

He’s not wrong we are that away from really holding a challenge together for a full season. 

The problem starts when you sit down and think that those 4/5 all have to hit the ground running and be well above what we presently have. 

Stevie then has to convince the board he needs around 20 mill to get that done. But it’s ok we are on course for 55 next season. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

He’s not wrong but no doubt this thread will fill with people slagging him off pretty quickly.

Everybody since 1998 after Ally left has an opinion on his standing at the club.

He is entitled to an opinion, and since he is number 9 in Rangers greatest 11, I’m sure he deserves a voice.

i remember him since 82 -83 when he joined. 

Are people forgetting the fact that they will have quite a huge change in personnel for next season? 

They have at least 8 first teamers out of contract/end of loan. The new manager might not like the players he is left with and want to ship more out.

There are no guarantees the players they sign will be any better than what they had. 

So its actually pretty difficult to make a statement on what we will need to challenge. The only thing that remains true is that they were there for the taking this season and we blew it by being inconsistent.