Union Bears

Captain Hilts

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Same with super Rangers, made this point the other day mate about how these two songs in particular are started by people at the back of the stand. There’s fuds posting in here that haven’t a fucking  clue. 

Makes you wonder if they ever go to Ibrox. 

58 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Let's not beat around the bush here and call a spade a spade. The majority of our travelling away support in Europe are union bears. The singing of the Billy boys in Gibraltar was started by the union bears. Take your punishment and move on.  Continue creating a great atmosphere but just don't sing that song. 

The union bears don’t make up the majority of our European travelling fans. They make up roughly the same percentage as they do at any other game .

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

TBB is very rarely ever started from bf1.

It's almost always a sporadic outburst that just reverberates round the ground.

I've even heard it started in the Copland before.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Great statement and the most disappointing  thing this week has been how quick some in our support have been to apportion blame.

Shoulder to Shoulder we stand.

Good to hear that get a hearing today 

2 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

They are being hung out to dry.

The club need to start being  more specific with what the complaint was, and who by. I do nit believe for a minute some norwegian delegate made this decision.

The club don't give a fuck about us. As long as the board are seen to be punishing our fans then it seems they don't give a shite who they upset 

1 hour ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Let's not beat around the bush here and call a spade a spade. The majority of our travelling away support in Europe are union bears. The singing of the Billy boys in Gibraltar was started by the union bears. Take your punishment and move on.  Continue creating a great atmosphere but just don't sing that song. 

No they ain't :lol:

It's entirely understandable why it was felt the statement had to be issued.   The message from King was, imo, laced with blame with a board deliberately distancing itself from Supporters.   Not just distancing themselves but actually saying (it seemed me) that they needn't bother coming back to Rangers games.    

There are a couple of things that are not clear to me either from the Club's Chairman and his board or from the UB statement.   1- so what happens next?    Salvos have been exchanged but no decisive conclusion as yet.    Support is digging in on a number of fronts with strong views flying about all over social media.   Which leads to the 2nd point.   Where is the strong effective leadership in Rangers that is prepared to grasp this and get the parties together and get some definitive clarity - one way or the other - on how this is to be resolved?     Dialogue and accusation by notices and email are not likely to be the vehicles to use to broker a solution.  

On the one hand the strength of the King statement could understandably be interpreted that hanging UB out to dry as unwanted scapegoats really is what he means.    If that is the name of the game coming out of the Board then its best if they muster whatever courage they have and call a meeting with ST supporters invited - and shareholders invited as they too have a stake in this.   The purpose being to thrash it out until some sort of mutually agreed course of action is decided.  Or if King is set on sole blame resting on UB if they don't conform to what he wants then best he says it direct on a face to face basis.    Would he have that courage?   I can't see him leading from the front like that.    He'd send Robertson and the discredited company secretary to do his dirty work. 

6 minutes ago, hando said:

There’s three sentences there wouldn’t be hard...what’s your disagreement? 

Here’s my reply because I’m going to bed, argue with yourself 

My point isn’t condoning what happened, I think if your going to take the good with being the voice of the support your going to have to take the bad with being the voice of the  support, and I think the club has been backed into a corner they have no other option. Take it on the chin and move on instead of drawing more attention to a situation the celtic minded media are already salivating themselves over

Just now, hando said:

Here’s my reply because I’m going to bed, argue with yourself 

My point isn’t condoning what happened, I think if your going to take the good with being the voice of the support your going to have to take the bad with being the voice of the  support, and I think the club has been backed into a corner they have no other option. Take it on the chin and move on instead of drawing more attention to a situation the celtic minded media are already salivating themselves over

Quoting yourself there lad 😂

I have a certain amount of sympathy with these youngsters as when I was their age I was fucking nuts and sang a lot worse than what’s doing the rounds at the moment. However, times have changed and we really have to box a lot cuter now. They have been hung out to dry a bit by the board and appear to be the fall guys for the “naughty singing”. Hopefully they will suck it up and get on with it. I appreciate that they’re not everybody’s cup of tea, but they do make a better atmosphere these days than I think it would be without them. I can’t get to games now unfortunately but I’m pretty sure that if I was following the team now I would be a lot more careful with my choice of songs. We are very lucky that we have loads of great songs we can sing that no one can take offence to. I’m including loyalist songs in this (without the add ons) as we’re as entitled as anyone else to celebrate our culture. I appreciate that there are supporters who don’t want to sing these songs but that’s ok too. This is a very serious situation that we have to deal with at the moment and every other fucker outside the Rangers family is just waiting to pounce. So sing loud and proud guys and gals   but please don’t give them any more ammo. 

The UBs have been hung out to dry here. Not only them but everyone else in the BF1 section. The fact they received different emails from everyone else is testament to this. Our weak natured, love the blazer hate the support board are a disgrace to us all. They seem to want rid of the UBs and seem to see them more as a threat to them for some reason  than a benefit to the club as a whole. This was also bourne out on their pitiful handling of the safe standing issue. They were never seriously interested in any dialogue. We are just their cash cows and they have never had our backs at any point.

That said the songbook at games has to change slightly. We know what add ons not to use and I honestly despise the Bobby Sands shit. We probably do more to keep the cowardly bastards memory alive than anyone else just by signing his name! This is an issue for us all and not just one singled out, scapegoated section.

Keep up the good work UBs. As a 50 plus year supporter I appreciate what you all do and the atmosphere you create. With you on the majority of occasions my match day experience is greatly enhanced by your efforts. Just box clever and choose your battles as well as your songs👍😂

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I was at the game. Has nothing whatsoever to do with my question though. 

It does, what does it matter if they admitted to singing it? That's not their issue, the whole stadium was singing TBB that night yet they are the only section to get refused whilst others got moved!