Union Bears

Captain Hilts

56 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

It does, what does it matter if they admitted to singing it? That's not their issue, the whole stadium was singing TBB that night yet they are the only section to get refused whilst others got moved! 

So guilt is irrelevant?  

The whole stadium wasn't singing it either. Nor anyone near me come to that. 

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

It's entirely understandable why it was felt the statement had to be issued.   The message from King was, imo, laced with blame with a board deliberately distancing itself from Supporters.   Not just distancing themselves but actually saying (it seemed me) that they needn't bother coming back to Rangers games.    

There are a couple of things that are not clear to me either from the Club's Chairman and his board or from the UB statement.   1- so what happens next?    Salvos have been exchanged but no decisive conclusion as yet.    Support is digging in on a number of fronts with strong views flying about all over social media.   Which leads to the 2nd point.   Where is the strong effective leadership in Rangers that is prepared to grasp this and get the parties together and get some definitive clarity - one way or the other - on how this is to be resolved?     Dialogue and accusation by notices and email are not likely to be the vehicles to use to broker a solution.  

On the one hand the strength of the King statement could understandably be interpreted that hanging UB out to dry as unwanted scapegoats really is what he means.    If that is the name of the game coming out of the Board then its best if they muster whatever courage they have and call a meeting with ST supporters invited - and shareholders invited as they too have a stake in this.   The purpose being to thrash it out until some sort of mutually agreed course of action is decided.  Or if King is set on sole blame resting on UB if they don't conform to what he wants then best he says it direct on a face to face basis.    Would he have that courage?   I can't see him leading from the front like that.    He'd send Robertson and the discredited company secretary to do his dirty work. 

RB, sometimes an aye or an naw is good enough.....

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Here’s a thought, what if it was uefa who has targeted the BF1 and not the club

They'd just tell the club to close off 3000 seats. They wouldn't care which section. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

The thing that stands out to me from the statement is they say they have never been told not to sing certain songs. Now if the board knew there could be a problem with UEFA this season why did they not approach the UB along with RSC members during the summer and try and sort this out? 

I keep thinking the board do not care about communicating with us the fans after the season ticket money is in. That gives me no pleasure to say that but just how it appears. 

Maybe they need to start talking with us and we might stop all the disharmony that is starting to exist and becoming an us and them situation. 

The season we hope to stop their nine needs a better relationship with fans and board IMO. 

The Board are self interested mate. They'll be your  pal if it's in their interests. If you've helped them they'll even give you a job. But if you cause them greed you'll be dropped faster than a pair of knickers on Love Island, regardless of your previous.

The UB serve their purpose for the Board, are generally accommodated but not supported, and have been shafted here. Poor but entirely unsurprising actions by the Board.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

The thing that stands out to me from the statement is they say they have never been told not to sing certain songs. Now if the board knew there could be a problem with UEFA this season why did they not approach the UB along with RSC members during the summer and try and sort this out? 

I keep thinking the board do not care about communicating with us the fans after the season ticket money is in. That gives me no pleasure to say that but just how it appears. 

Maybe they need to start talking with us and we might stop all the disharmony that is starting to exist and becoming an us and them situation. 

The season we hope to stop their nine needs a better relationship with fans and board IMO. 

Fans have been asked for years not to sing these songs so there should be no need for the board to have that dialogue with them even though they say they are so special and unique. Their arrogance is certainly special.

19 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Everyone and their dug knew what words we couldn't sing. That's absolute bollocks!

11 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Fans have been asked for years not to sing these songs so there should be no need for the board to have that dialogue with them even though they say they are so special and unique. Their arrogance is certainly special.

Is that the same for the vast majority of people who sing these songs at big games??

Do you just sit there tut tutting?

35 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Fans have had cameras on the from the anti sectarian action force brought in by the SNP. When the unfair legislation started locking up tarriers they got it binned and then their was a resurgence of TBB from our support. We have been beaten by this stick before and Wholesale changes were made and by in large TBB was ditched from the songbook. We were then hammered for the famine song. 

Until the Board fights back and defends the people who drink in chain pubs and the fans who buy season tickets then they will find some new stick to beat us with. 

The Union Bears "deserve better" and we're shafted last season by the board for safe standing. 

5 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Agree with them 100%. 

Board are appeasing poofs.

What were the board supposed to do here?

I mean they have chosen to close the section of the ground where the people who "lead the chants" at Ibrox sit.   It makes perfect sense to me.

It's a shitty situation, but I don't see what else the board could have done here.

43 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I mean they have chosen to close the section of the ground where the people who "lead the chants" at Ibrox sit.   It makes perfect sense to me.

It's a shitty situation, but I don't see what else the board could have done here.

They should have refunded the last however many to buy tickets to ensure the people on the cup scheme get sorted as they have priority. But na, they made an easy scapegoat by banning one section.

6 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

No matter what people think of the Union Bears (and I like what they do), they have been hung out to dry here. 

The accusation is that of racist singing and who better to point the finger at than the 'ultra's' (for want of a better word). It's a case of easiest and largest organised group to place the blame at the feet of.

Really poor behaviour from the club and it serves to place another divide in the support as we can see by this thread. 

We are all Rangers supporters and we all stand and fall together. I'm not a UB but I would gladly stand beside them and support them in this matter. 

What's next? ANY song that references history or heritage, even if the so called offensive words are edited out? (Which is ridiculous anyway, because when did words harm anyone?) We already have the jungle drums out complaining about the colour of a football strip we wear.

Well said Union Bears.

Excellent post. Agree with every word.  Bloody shocking the club have blamed the union bears. Wouldn't surprise me if they never turned up for the next game where they are not banned.

Does anyone know exactly which song if was we got into trouble for?

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

They shat it and rather than blame the whole support, they picked the UB's and hung them out to dry knowing that they will turn up the next game. 

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

Your just as shite with your comments as you are at admin.

6 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I'm not being a dick here mate but virtually everyone in the ground knows about TBB, 2006 and the fact we've been continually told that we cant sing it.  

People also go on about BMG being the song we were done for in 2011 in Eindhoven, however I was there that night ant TBB was agin sang and was the reason for the away fans ban at Malmö 2012.

It's the only bit I'd a left out their statement. 

That's just me though