Cast your mind back

What a great memory and hopefully yesterday's game can be set aside, but will now start something vital in their playing tactics,  change the temperaments of some and make everyone see we are on our way back.  We will not bow down to anyone.  

I think SG will make it happen.  He knows what he wants.  He's going to turn these guys into winners.  I am starting to believe it now.  They're showing gumption. Gutted about that goal getting through,  but it is a mistake that will be corrected for future games no doubt. The defence is much better.  SG has started from the back,  but now the middle and front need sorted properly.  Sooner rather than later as well.  

Difference is that team under Souness had some good talent middle to front - guys like McCoist, Durrant, Cooper, Derek Ferguson and Fleck.

We've got guys on loan who can't get a game for their teams, Docherty, Morelos etc ... so it's a big different as far as I'm concerned.

Was thinking yesterday the Helicopter Sunday season might be more of a comparison ... a relatively limited squad who drew and dropped 2-points away to Aberdeen first game of the season too.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Was thinking yesterday the Helicopter Sunday season might be more of a comparison ... a relatively limited squad who drew and dropped 2-points away to Aberdeen first game of the season too.

Very good comparison. 

Fingers crossed a repeat can take place. 

Been so impressed with Gerrard's approach and preparation to each game so far, domestic and european. Europe is understandably more patient play, yesterday was get fucked right in about them, and do it hard.

The crunchy noise from some of the 50/50 tackles was delightful to hear.

Thursday will be different again. Patience. Then back to blood and thunder in the league on Sunday.

Genuinely feel something brewing here.

43 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

We will get #55 this year, of that I have no doubt.

I can feel it too pal - these republican clowns are playing into our hands - pretty soon they'll not be able to think straight, their hatred will overtake them.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Difference is that team under Souness had some good talent middle to front - guys like McCoist, Durrant, Cooper, Derek Ferguson and Fleck.

We've got guys on loan who can't get a game for their teams, Docherty, Morelos etc ... so it's a big different as far as I'm concerned.

Same.

Also that season we had as tough start to the season domestically and in Europe and we played celtc early on and went 7 points behind.

We can't afford to be that far behind come 2nd September.

2 hours ago, murzo said:

We had a player unfairly sent off for a petulant kick that day as well.

Aye, George McCluskey is still looking for the missing bit of his right knee :sherlock: If he would have looked at Souness' boots after the game he would have found it on his studs. :p:

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I mentioned this yesterday before the match, Souness & Advocaat both lost there opening fixtures 2-1 but both went on to win the league easily enough....Le guen & Caxhinha both won there opening games but proved to be unmitigated disasters then we had big eck who drew his opening fixtures in both his title winning campaigns....in a weird sense i'm kinda hoping yesterdays draw is a good omen

1 hour ago, don logan said:

This crossed my mind too...……………….we started slowly that season and the momentum kicked in when we beat them in early September.

After 8 games we had 10 points and although we beat the tarriers 1-0 at Ibrox we still trailed them by 2 points. We ended up winning the League by 6 points.

We actually beat them on August 31, with a goal from Durrant.

I am all for thinking positive but people need to get any era out the napper this is 2018 we have had massive squad clear outs near on every season this being no change.

Back then we had full international players not loans and a 5m upgrade on the entire team.

Just being realistic and do think we will get a return this year and enjoy some great games if done by refs that do not cheat.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

After 8 games we had 10 points and although we beat the tarriers 1-0 at Ibrox we still trailed them by 2 points. We ended up winning the League by 6 points.

We actually beat them on August 31, with a goal from Durrant.

What I meant was, borderline, the same time we play them this year................ That game was probably the drunkest ive ever been at a football match. I remember Durrants goal but spent the rest of the game with  my head between my legs.