Bheast FC and their lap of honour

Virtuoso

42 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not saying it won't sell out mate, of course it will, but as a spectacle it kills it for neutrals wanting to watch and have the blood and thunder of the fans imo.

Don't think I have ever watched an Ajax v Feyenoord game or any Argentinian derbies, used to watch El Classicos and the atmosphere was pathetic due to next to no away fans.

I'm gonna disagree as well mate . The atmosphere we've had on European nights are some of the best atmospheres there has been , with barely any opposition fan . 

14 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I'm gonna disagree as well mate . The atmosphere we've had on European nights are some of the best atmospheres there has been , with barely any opposition fan . 

That's fine if you want to disagree, your choice mate. I'm  not saying there won't be an atmosphere, of course there will, but I think less people would be interested abroad if we take the fan rivalry out the fixture. The 90 minutes sheer hatred is what made the game what it is.

All imo though.

18 minutes ago, OhW said:

If we beat them in the next old firm game I don't think we should gloat or over-celebrate; we won't have won anything yet.

I agree. I won't be. Subway loyal, getting clear before the hordes regardless of opponent or score. 

22 minutes ago, gmcf said:

It's the fan rivalry on the tv that I'm glad we've reduced them to 800 tickets .

There was a very good post on FF ( yes , I know ) which goes into this in some depth . A lot of clubs , including the tarriers ,  hide opposing fans out of the way where they are seldom seen on tv . Not only does this give out the false perception of  them being the ' greater ' club to the neutral viewer , but it also gives their fan base almost total coverage . So I'm not convinced that the viewer gets to see the fan rivalry that you think . 

Throw in the fact that our goalkeeper will be in a hostile environment in every minute of two games , compared to 50 / 50 at Ibrox and you can see we are handing them a sporting advantage .

I wish I could say it's all my opinion , but it's stolen :lol: 

They do hide us out the way, that bugs me as well but we always make ourselves heard on TV and it certainly adds to the occasion whether we win or lose as both fans try to out sing one another raising the tension in the stadium. That last game at the piggery was as flat as fuck, we even heard the 800 bears at some points during the match despite having very little to cheer about. So it's not just about being visible on TV for me, it's about the whole occasion put together and the rivalry is what makes it. How good is it having 7 or 8 thousand Bears singing at the piggery as we win? It's amazing. No doubt they say the same about coming to Ibrox but it's also great giving them it stinking from 3 sides and seeing the look on their faces as we pump them.

The thing about the goalkeeper I'm a bit meh about, it's a valid point and Wes has struggled immensely with it but a strong keeper should be able to use that hostility to spur him on to do better.

For me personally,this seems to be a watershed moment,and hopefully the last time we have these scabby bastards at Ibrox.
If you had neighbours like them,living next to you and you invited them into your home,then I can assure you that their last invitation would have been 25 years ago when they trashed the place.
These mutant bastards should not now or ever,be allowed to mix with decent people.
FUCK THEM.

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

They do hide us out the way, that bugs me as well but we always make ourselves heard on TV and it certainly adds to the occasion whether we win or lose as both fans try to out sing one another raising the tension in the stadium. That last game at the piggery was as flat as fuck, we even heard the 800 bears at some points during the match despite having very little to cheer about. So it's not just about being visible on TV for me, it's about the whole occasion put together and the rivalry is what makes it. How good is it having 7 or 8 thousand Bears singing at the piggery as we win? It's amazing. No doubt they say the same about coming to Ibrox but it's also great giving them it stinking from 3 sides and seeing the look on their faces as we pump them.

The thing about the goalkeeper I'm a bit meh about, it's a valid point and Wes has struggled immensely with it but a strong keeper should be able to use that hostility to spur him on to do better.

Yeah , I used to prefer the games there , as opposed to Ibrox , because of the singing . There was something about going there and ramming it up them . I'm not convinced however , that unless you knew what it's about , you would know who was who to any neutrals outside Scotland . All they would see at parkhead is it filled with tarriers , and an end full of them at Ibrox . 

I think the goalkeeper point is valid . We are disadvantaging ourselves by not making our home games as hostile as possible to our opponents , and if it's a close run league it could make the difference . Like I say , our goalkeepers face both halfs ,  in both away games , in an hostile environment . It's about time we gave ourselves that advantage too , by putting them under that same pressure . 

1 minute ago, 2nd Flute said:

I get the atmosphere thing, many on here will remember the old Rangers end at Parkhead, fuckin class!

And I get where others are coming from mate and there is merit in it, from a personal point of view I wanted the same and for the club to cut their allocation. But if you take a step back and try to look at it from a different perspective you would see how a total ban would affect the fixture and the drama that goes with it.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

And I get where others are coming from mate and there is merit in it, from a personal point of view I wanted the same and for the club to cut their allocation. But if you take a step back and try to look at it from a different perspective you would see how a total ban would affect the fixture and the drama that goes with it.

Definitely mate, spot on 👍

If it went to only home support I’d back it, but some of my best memories have come at parkhead in the away end.

Singing your heart out, going wild when we score, it’s just amazing supporting your team and beating them on their own patch. 

The young fans could miss out on those amazing days and memories.

16 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Yeah , I used to prefer the games there , as opposed to Ibrox , because of the singing . There was something about going there and ramming it up them . I'm not convinced however , that unless you knew what it's about , you would know who was who to any neutrals outside Scotland . All they would see at parkhead is it filled with tarriers , and an end full of them at Ibrox . 

I think the goalkeeper point is valid . We are disadvantaging ourselves by not making our home games as hostile as possible to our opponents , and if it's a close run league it could make the difference . Like I say , our goalkeepers face both halfs ,  in both away games , in an hostile environment . It's about time we gave ourselves that advantage too , by putting them under that same pressure . 

I take your point about us being hidden away when we go there, I'd much prefer if we had a section behind the goals and think it would promote a better product. But I have to disagree that neutrals wouldn't know what the fixture was about, we are described around Europe as the Protestants of Scotland

We had a thread on here just last week full of people moaning about the shit tv deal we got, if we kill off this fixture I can only see it getting worse when we are negotiating to sell the rights to the games abroad.

12 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Sitting greetin thinking of those days ,:lol:, play with the band, then off to the game, the Rangers end, fuckin amazing. 

Buying scum and tickets and walking down to the front of the jungle an hour plus before kick off, steward getting shown the hidden Rangers scarves, getting walked pitchside to our end giving it🖕to the scum 😂.

The warmness of some cunts piss on the leg. The carry outs getting tanned. Standing above stairwell entrances as I was so wee it was the only place I could see the game. Ducking empty bottles launched from behind.

And the 15K plus of us giving it "ALTOGETHER NOW....".  

Good times.