It's time Rangers star Alfredo Morelos got credit he deserves and he'll fire club to 55

The Dude

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Never understood the logic in this. We moan we want more balanced stuff in the papers and when someone tries to provide that we then try to stop it getting hits. If stuff doesn't get hits then papers won't publish it/pay people to write it. Kinda self-defeating imo.

A blogger opinion piece is not balance - sorry.

It’s a cracking piece but the Daily Record are clear with their objective and opinion towards Rangers.

Until we see more balance across all of their reporting I will actively support no Rangers supporter visiting their website. 

This is where they’ve put their editorial effort today...

”New ground” “PR stunt” “Liability”

BE3CC059-D934-468C-83B7-23FEB63E77DB.jpeg

46 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Never understood the logic in this. We moan we want more balanced stuff in the papers and when someone tries to provide that we then try to stop it getting hits. If stuff doesn't get hits then papers won't publish it/pay people to write it. Kinda self-defeating imo.

My para is rubbing off on your Dudee boy 😉😀

Good piece 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

It’s a cracking piece but the Daily Record are clear with their objective and opinion towards Rangers.

Until we see more balance across all of their reporting I will actively support no Rangers supporter visiting their website. 

Tell me, what's the difference between an opinion piece written by me or anyone else on their payroll? Does Jackson having a FT contract give his opinion some extra weight over mines? We're quick to call one proof of an agenda against us...

You might actively support no Rangers fan going to their site but at the same time you're actively going out of your way to affect the numbers on 'pro-Rangers' pieces which in turn affects the likelihood of more being commissioned in future.

If you think there's stuff which is 'anti-Rangers' then complain to IPSO it has far more of an effect than encouraging folk not to read the stuff which is 'pro-Rangers'

11 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

This is where they’ve put their editorial effort today...

”New ground” “PR stunt” “Liability”

BE3CC059-D934-468C-83B7-23FEB63E77DB.jpeg

So...an opinion piece.

Good article @The Dude but be careful because if you keep it up I might start a thread on here saying "It's about time Rangers blogger @The Dudegot the credit he deserves" that might entice some nasty people to say bad things about you and hurt your feelings.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Good article @The Dude but be careful because if you keep it up I might start a thread on here saying "It's about time Rangers blogger @The Dudegot the credit he deserves" that might entice some nasty people to say bad things about you and hurt your feelings.

It would keep @gogzy busy for a while at least. 😂

Just now, plumbGER said:

It could be fun tbf, you'd get all sorts of shite threw at you as would I for starting the thread and I do enjoy when people get so worked up over my opinion tbh.

I love it. Especially when folk point out it's just a 'fan blog' then proceed to go on a rant about why I'm talking shite.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tell me, what's the difference between an opinion piece written by me or anyone else on their payroll? Does Jackson having a FT contract give his opinion some extra weight over mines? We're quick to call one proof of an agenda against us...

You might actively support no Rangers fan going to their site but at the same time you're actively going out of your way to affect the numbers on 'pro-Rangers' pieces which in turn affects the likelihood of more being commissioned in future.

If you think there's stuff which is 'anti-Rangers' then complain to IPSO it has far more of an effect than encouraging folk not to read the stuff which is 'pro-Rangers'

With all due respect, you're not even positioned as a journalist within the article you're the 'Ibrox blogger', anyone who isn't a Rangers fan has already switched off to your opinion because that's in the opening line.

These articles are purely there to try and attract Rangers fans to read it and won't change any of the external narrative.

Jackson's articles do carry more weight with the general public and set a stronger narrative than your articles - he's the chief sports writer. 

There is also no might about it, I do actively support Rangers fans avoiding their site and I'd like to see the paper go out of business. 

You quote 'anti-Rangers' as though this is fantasy and has not already been proven, IPSO are quite familiar with the Daily Record and articles on Rangers or our fans. 

Please don't take this is a personal attack, I thought the article was good as I've already said - I'm merely giving people the option to read the article without clicking the link, if they support your view then I'm sure people will still click the link at the top of the forum.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So...an opinion piece.

From their chief sports writer, not the 'Ibrox blogger' and where they've clearly put all their energies today. Why are you not on the sofa with him to offer some balance? 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I love it. Especially when folk point out it's just a 'fan blog' then proceed to go on a rant about why I'm talking shite.

As a former research journalist, that's a thoroughly well composed article - most imperatively, it evidences all of the salient points.