Michael Ball

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had ability, was a good talent but another one riddled with injuries.

That said, didn't really see the need to spend 6-million on him when we had Numan. Maybe he was the long-term replacement but you don't spend 6-million on someone to be second fiddle for 2-3 years or a project.

David Murray shafted him by freezing him out because we didn't want to pay more money. It wasn't his fault, and surprisingly he's got nothing but good things to say about the club.

55 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

He had ability, was a good talent but another one riddled with injuries.

That said, didn't really see the need to spend 6-million on him when we had Numan. Maybe he was the long-term replacement but you don't spend 6-million on someone to be second fiddle for 2-3 years or a project.

David Murray shafted him by freezing him out because we didn't want to pay more money. It wasn't his fault, and surprisingly he's got nothing but good things to say about the club.

Was signed to be a left sided CB in Advocaat’s back 3, rather than a LB as we already had Numan and Vidmar.

38 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was signed to be a left sided CB in Advocaat’s back 3, rather than a LB as we already had Numan and Vidmar.

Was he? never knew that. Makes a bit more sense but he'd have been wasted there. He's a left-back for me.

Actually Ball on his day reminds me of Barasic on his day now I think about it.

6 hours ago, Inigo said:

Good fullback but 6 million was way OTT.  

Ruined by injury with us. Would have been a good addition if he'd been injury free and half the price.

He was allegedly on £40k p/w which was madness, as he’d have been one of the top earners throughout his time with us...

9 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

I worked with an Everton fan when we signed him, he was raging.  Thought we were getting an absolute steal.

I can remember being down in Liverpool for a stag and spoke to an evertonian who basically said the same thing. Everton fans talk pish imo.

On 15/05/2020 at 10:24, docspiderman said:

I thought he was a very poor signing; not good defensively and seemed to have a problem with  depth perception and distance control when passing or crossing.

never knew death perception was a thing. i do now and thank you for todays knowledge.

Archived