them

MisterC

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

We need a good derogatory name for this new manager, any good suggestions we can agree on? :hmmm:

Ange seems for too nice a way refer to him, and fuck trying to spell or pronounce his surname.  :coolio:

tANGEerine

It's great that he was their second choice, and great that he's never managed in Europe. Far happier with him than Howe.

But this could go well for them if they recruit the right players. Whether they have the money to do that is another question because he won't be a name who helps them punch above their weight the way that Gerrard helps us.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Not sure that is fair on @TEFTONG, I do not think he wants to see his wife's name used with this Aussie guy. :unsure:

So far I am going with 'Flange'. :coolio:

Angie, Angie
When will those clouds all disappear?
Angie, Angie
Where will it lead us from here?
With no lovin' in our souls
And no money in our coats
You can't say we're satisfied
Angie, Angie
You can't say we never tried

Angie, you're beautiful, yeah
But ain't it time we said goodbye?
Angie, I still love you
Remember all those nights we cried?
All the dreams were held so close
Seemed to all go up in smoke
Let me whisper in your ear
Angie, Angie
Where will it lead us from here

Oh, Angie, don't you weep
Oh, your kisses still taste sweet
I hate that sadness in your eyes
But Angie, Angie
Ain't it time we said goodbye? Yeah

2 minutes ago, miracle said:

Angie, Angie
When will those clouds all disappear?
Angie, Angie
Where will it lead us from here?
With no lovin' in our souls
And no money in our coats
You can't say we're satisfied
Angie, Angie
You can't say we never tried

Writing that in the minute since I replied is very impressive mate. :thumbsup:

What song is that from ? :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Writing that in the minute since I replied is very impressive mate. :thumbsup:

What song is that from ? :thumbup:

I didn't write it ffs, it's The Rolling Stones - Angie, cut and pasted.   With a few tweaks it could be a a good wind up chant...

15 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's great that he was their second choice, and great that he's never managed in Europe. Far happier with him than Howe.

But this could go well for them if they recruit the right players. Whether they have the money to do that is another question because he won't be a name who helps them punch above their weight the way that Gerrard helps us.

Wrong

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Wrong

Obviously hope you're proven right and not me.

But you just can't 'know' how it's going to go.

It's a good outcome for us on paper, but ultimately in a two horse race the club with the better players tends to win the league. We were fortunate that they spent £20 million on absolute shite last summer and the window before instead of on the likes of Toney etc.

16 minutes ago, don logan said:

He may well have but he would have been wearing a Liverpool strip and he would have been oblivious to him starting off at them.

Hilarious that people think he might have meant Dalglish in celtic kits. Of all the players he could have mentioned he chose a player that is known as a Liverpool legend :lol:

50 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

That’s my take on it, he is a manager with experience (maybe not the right experience) so it all depends on what he gets to work with and will he be enough of a draw to get those players.

When you think of the likes of Craig Levin, plenty of experience managed the National team but ended up a bit of a nobody.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He is a hothead who prioritises performances over points, doesn't like the media criticising him and is coming from an environment where losing to a 4th tier team is 'normal' to a team where that sort of result would see him sacked 

This appointment would be a disaster for a team in a position of strength, he's joining a club in crisis with a support who don't want him

I like all of that and like I said it's a good outcome for us on paper.

To take the point to a silly extreme, if he suddenly had all of Man City's players, he'd beat us, agreed?

What I'm saying really is if they recruit better players than who we've got all over the park it doesn't really matter that much how good their manager is or isn't.

4 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

He’ll still be about, he’s only going to be under the radar. Still be on the wage bill I believe.

I guess they only announced he was stepping down as CEO, doesn't mean he won't be about in another capacity. Bit like Putin changing the rules so he could be president after serving 2 terms as Prime Minister and then changed the rules again so he could remain president beyond 2 terms. The Russian people and the tarriers can't get rid of them. 

21 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I like all of that and like I said it's a good outcome for us on paper.

To take the point to a silly extreme, if he suddenly had all of Man City's players, he'd beat us, agreed?

What I'm saying really is if they recruit better players than who we've got all over the park it doesn't really matter that much how good their manager is or isn't.

Of course it does :lol: