Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They’ll have two choices then the Premier league. It's in the Premier league rule book under L9 these clubs can't enter this competition without Premier League approval. 

Either they give approval for them playing in the ESL or they force these clubs to resign Premier league status. 

I think this is going to be a case of who blinks first. 

The clubs have the most leverage here, so the FA will blink first to protect their league. UEFA will be the biggest losers in all this. 

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

That’s just grandstanding. 

Nobody wants to watch a Premier League without those six clubs in it and the Premier League will know it too.

People will watch it, just not same numbers and not the same price as they currently do. Wages will come down along with everything else money related. A new set of big clubs will come out and life will continue without them.

With the money being banded about, the 6 can easily forget about both the league and champions league for a short while.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Can you imagine if UEFA kick Arsenal from Europa and replace with Slavia?

That would be some kick in the baws.

There was some dick on the BBC news tonight saying he thought Arsenal shouldn't be having to waste their time playing a team like Slavia in European competition.

Wonder if there's a Dynamo Zagreb fan somewhere thinking his team shouldn't have had to bother playing Spurs.

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

What's this bullshit about the teams carrying over their CL titles and the league recognising them? Supposedly Madrid will start off with 13 Super League titles.

That's got to be a fucking joke right? 😂

Can only carry them over if the previous competition no longer exists ie First Division to SPL, European Cup to Champions League.

They can make up whatever they want though really. How prestigious is "13 super league titles"? Not as prestigious as the West of Scotland Junior Cup right now.

Its a bit shit to consider we will most likely never play any of these clubs again.

Man Utd, Barca, Real Madrid and the Milan teams. The others I dont really give a shit about.

Basically now these teams play a different sport to us and we are thought to be not worthy of playing them.

I haven’t read all the ins and outs of their proposals but English clubs, the PL, UEFA, etc. have all contributed to this over several years by pandering to a money talks approach.  The money went daft and most of us all hoped it would implode at some point, then countries like ours, with big CLUBS in them - not clubs who could buy expensive players and kid on they’re big clubs, but real old school big clubs - would be able to compete again. 

You have these breakaway teams massively in debt and needing cash but Manure (no title in 8y), Liverpool (1 in 30y), Arsenal (not won in 18), Tottenham (not won in 60), Man C (not even in that league until bought by the you know who), Real and Barca (financial Armageddon), replicated by teams like AC and Inter in their own domestic leagues.....Champions Lge or Super League my arse....rich boys club end of. 

It’s going to take some brave actions by some to get out of this mess but it will never ever be the same after this. I hope the governing bodies are strong and tell them to do one, let them go and play on their own and see who cares inside 5years. In many of the other sports, the breakaways have stayed in place but their sports needed reinvigorating, football doesn’t, it needed reset from the financial behemoth it had become. A breakaway shouldn’t work but a team like Tottenham for example are so much in debt for their stadium, their board cannot afford to let the team collapse or be sold to fund their debt so it is pure greed to not have a gone concern on their hands. Financial mismanagement recovered by fucking over the rest of football. 

Sorry for late night rant troops. 

17 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

It's what I heard - I reckon they're the 2 Clubs most likely to pullout. 

One needs to make a stand. 

City's silence will be the most concerning to them. They've said nothing about it compared to Chelsea who came out with a statement themselves. Can easily see City saying fuck this.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Its a bit shit to consider we will most likely never play any of these clubs again.

Man Utd, Barca, Real Madrid and the Milan teams. The others I dont really give a shit about.

Basically now these teams play a different sport to us and we are thought to be not worthy of playing them.

Playing Arsenal in June mate :craphead:

11 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Neville has been particularly good/passionate about putting his point forward. Didn't hear what Klopp said though. 

He was saying that people should calm down and wait a bit with comments until the whole picture is clear. Apparently Leeds supporters have been shouting trash at Klopp and Liverpool players in the city earlier today. Also he was upset with pundits(Martin Samuel and Neville) talking about Liverpool as a whole, instead of realising that its the owners who took a decision and players and staff has nothing to do with it. He doesnt think Super league is a great idea and warns that players and staff are human beings and they dont deserve such treatment.  

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Bad financial situation?

Don't buy Harry Maguire for 80m

Don't give Ousamane Dembele 200k a week

Don't bankroll a Chinese cowboy entity that end up defaulting and your hedge fund has to take over the running of a club

I made this point earlier, these clubs only have themselves to blame for their financial situation, for fuck sake De Gea seems like he's now Man United second choice and he's on £300K a week, It's madness.

19 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They’ll have two choices then the Premier league. It's in the Premier league rule book under L9 these clubs can't enter this competition without Premier League approval. 

Either they give approval for them playing in the ESL or they force these clubs to resign Premier league status. 

I think this is going to be a case of who blinks first. 

The Premier League will blink first I think.

The prospect of losing those clubs and then trying to promote a league where clubs like Everton & West Ham are your biggest clubs must be secretly terrifying them.