Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

37 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

It's what I heard - I reckon they're the 2 Clubs most likely to pullout. 

One needs to make a stand. 

Both of them are owned by owners not for financial reasons, unlike the other three who are run by Yanks, but for soft power reasons that have the side bonus of being a fun shiny toy.

Abramovich invested in Chelsea to cultivate relationships in the UK to protect him in case he fell out with Putin. For Mansour it's about projecting a friendly face of Abu Dhabi and furthering interests through the medium of football.

As soon as the UK Gov got twitchy today they will be having second thoughts because it could ruin everything they have built up here. It's one of the main reasons Qatari owned PSG have backed away from this too.

9 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

it’s all good since five teams will earn their place 

It might be best for people to wait until they have all the facts before they get hysterical about this. If it ends up just being a replacement for the CL then what's the big deal? We will obviously never be one of the 5 teams to get a crack at this so it makes no odds to us, but maybe we'd do well in a revamped CL for the teams left behind?

11 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

it’s all good since five teams will earn their place 

And how do these teams "earn their place" Florentino?

By sporting achievement? By fair play?

Naw, by the 15 picking whatever 5 teams bring the most money to the table that season.

Laughable.

1 hour ago, Monkey Butler said:

I don't understand the argument that they 'don't care about their fans'. The fans will now be watching their side compete against the best teams in Europe, with access and means to buy the best players in the world. How does that translate to them not caring about their fans? I'm guessing most of the griping is coming from fans of other clubs who, let's face it, are probably just really jealous. 

Compete? It will be a series of glorified friendly matches. 

1 minute ago, Monkey Butler said:

It might be best for people to wait until they have all the facts before they get hysterical about this. If it ends up just being a replacement for the CL then what's the big deal? We will obviously never be one of the 5 teams to get a crack at this so it makes no odds to us, but maybe we'd do well in a revamped CL for the teams left behind?

Can kiss goodbye getting the same money from the Champions League that you do now. That money will disappear rapidly down the drain. 

12 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Its a glorified Champions League with money it’s not as bad as first made out.

Slightly late, I know, but it isn’t a glorified champions league. At least the CL for all its faults is a competition you get into by merit, just about.

This ‘Super league’ is like a swingers party for fat old men who rotate in the occasional young buck to keep everyone happy.

Chuck into the fact that Real Madrid have over 10 players on £200K + a week and are spending a fortune on renovating their stadium, and he's got a cheek to say that their in financial difficulties. Getting themselves into bother and the rest of the leagues have to suffer.

If I wasn't such a big Rangers supporter. I would start watching junior football every Saturday.

They a ripping the arse out of the love of the game.

I can't see the attraction from a fans perspective when watching the same teams play each other all the time. How can they possibly get sponsors and tv rights if no one is interested?

4 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

If the money shifts from a revamped also rans CL (and it knock on effect to the EL) and domestic comps like the Premier League, to the Super League, then there is a huge strategic risk on our business plan and our finances going forward, both from prize money and the types of fees we would be hoping to recoup when we sell players. 

3 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Why the hell have you been so pro this for the last 12 hours?

Wait and see about an essentially closed shop with founding members who don’t deserve to be there? Unless the players get to fuck nympho starlets after each goal I’m giving it a hard pass.

Perez is guaranteeing that no club will be removed from their leagues, no club will be dumped out of europe this or any season and no player will be banned from playing for their country.

Basically shot down everything that's been talked about in the past 24 hours by UEFA.

Says the game does not belong to UEFA but stops short of saying the game belongs to the club owners, which is really what he means.