Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Does that include never evening starting?

Again, not disagreeing, but who can actually sanction them?

there is no governing body, like UEFA or FIFA, a league that only 12 members signed up for.

Who can actually sanction them?

nobody has even set up a fixture list far less played a game.

So, legally, who can actually punish them for pulling out?

no country recognises them at present.

I think they are part of a new entity that governs the superleague. They can be hold accountable by that entity if the wheels started turning regarding investments even if the competition has not started. 

The promise can have legal implications. When you take a loan from the bank, even if you reconsider after they transfer the money to your account you still must pay the interest.

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Disagree 

Ajax are a bigger team than every club in England, Spain, Germany and Italy other than Man Utd, Liverpool, AC Milan, Juventus, Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.  By a country fucking mile and you could even argue they are bigger than some of the ones mentioned aswell.  

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The TCCB lost a case over that in the Hight Court though.

I think the players themselves would be able to take FIFA to CAS and their individual FAs over this too.

IIRC it still brought about the fall of Packer's competition due to revised contracts being brought in

16 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Agree something needs to be done, don’t know what but something has to be done to protect football from these lurchers, seems like Germany is the only real big league that sees the fans as fans rather than customers. 

Last few days showing the German set up the way to go. private investors can only purchase up to 49% of a German club. The other 51% fan owned. 

4 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

Throw these chancers out. 

Rangers IN. 

All well and good and it is true, but it’s funny they need us now but didn’t when they are pushing through their own reforms for the so called elite clubs.  Uefa are wanks tae.

5 minutes ago, Mongolul said:

I think they are part of a new entity that governs the superleague. They can be hold accountable by that entity if the wheels started turning regarding investments even if the competition has not started. 

The promise can have legal implications. When you take a loan from the bank, even if you reconsider after they transfer the money to your account you still must pay the interest.

Tbf, that makes sense.

so, according to the news, jp Morgan are the major investors.

Would 12 of the biggest clubs(especially the big 10 out with arsenal and spurs,) really sign up without possible exit clauses and getting financial penalties without kicking a ball?

Every agreement I sign up for has a normal 14 -28 day cooling off period.

no chance they sign off their  future without a back out clause.

also, have jp Morgan actually transferred any monies to this 12?

id be amazed if they have. 

14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Ajax are a bigger team than every club in England, Spain, Germany and Italy other than Man Utd, Liverpool, AC Milan, Juventus, Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.  By a country fucking mile and you could even argue they are bigger than some of the ones mentioned aswell.  

Their European pedigree shits all over clubs like Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, PSG, Chelsea and the like. 

Money has fucked football. 

Hopefully the fans outrage at the esl will change something. 

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

European Super League was a nuclear threat they could only utilise once though. Every major change of the past two decades - every reorganisation of the Champions League - was done to appease these clubs so they didn't go for a Super League. It was the threat that gave them the power, and they've well and truly fucked that. Uefa and Fifa have come out of this with their control well and truly in place while these clubs are backtracking with their tails between their legs.

It's an embarrassment for them. Nothing will happen, but if there was ever a time to reform football it'd be now. The Super League is dead and the idea of it won't come back. This could be a big opportunity for rules about ownership, fan representation, fairer financial rules etc. 

I was convinced there would be some form of super league in my lifetime, now I know there won’t be ever.  But football and European competition does need reformed in some way now.  Bigger teams from the so called poorer leagues need to be given more of a chance to compete in Europe. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

As a minimum.

Board members who devised the plan should be banned from football permanently.

I think you'll see folk stepping down over the next few days at these clubs.

Already rumours on twitter of American owners selling down in England. 

They should definitely be facing punishment for all the shite they have pulled.