Jump to content

Breakaway European Super League


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Making a 400m loss should result in penalties not an invite to a lucrative new league. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, stuart1994 said:

Agree something needs to be done, don’t know what but something has to be done to protect football from these lurchers, seems like Germany is the only real big league that sees the fans as fans rather than customers. 

50+1 model should be adopted by every club in Europe. Starting with the EPL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

He only just rushed through the election 2 weeks or so ago a. to stop anyone mounting a credible opposition and b. because he knew this was super league announcement was coming. Sly cunt. 

He'll be gone soon. No chance he survives this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

They signed a 23 year agreement. Depends if the contract has exit clauses. 

Does that include never evening starting?

Again, not disagreeing, but who can actually sanction them?

there is no governing body, like UEFA or FIFA, a league that only 12 members signed up for.

Who can actually sanction them?

nobody has even set up a fixture list far less played a game.

So, legally, who can actually punish them for pulling out?

no country recognises them at present.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Does that include never evening starting?

Again, not disagreeing, but who can actually sanction them?

there is no governing body, like UEFA or FIFA, a league that only 12 members signed up for.

Who can actually sanction them?

nobody has even set up a fixture list far less played a game.

So, legally, who can actually punish them for pulling out?

no country recognises them at present.

I think they are part of a new entity that governs the superleague. They can be hold accountable by that entity if the wheels started turning regarding investments even if the competition has not started. 

The promise can have legal implications. When you take a loan from the bank, even if you reconsider after they transfer the money to your account you still must pay the interest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Disagree 

Ajax are a bigger team than every club in England, Spain, Germany and Italy other than Man Utd, Liverpool, AC Milan, Juventus, Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.  By a country fucking mile and you could even argue they are bigger than some of the ones mentioned aswell.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The TCCB lost a case over that in the Hight Court though.

I think the players themselves would be able to take FIFA to CAS and their individual FAs over this too.

IIRC it still brought about the fall of Packer's competition due to revised contracts being brought in

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Agree something needs to be done, don’t know what but something has to be done to protect football from these lurchers, seems like Germany is the only real big league that sees the fans as fans rather than customers. 

Last few days showing the German set up the way to go. private investors can only purchase up to 49% of a German club. The other 51% fan owned. 

KingKirk likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

Throw these chancers out. 

Rangers IN. 

All well and good and it is true, but it’s funny they need us now but didn’t when they are pushing through their own reforms for the so called elite clubs.  Uefa are wanks tae.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 25 July 2021 17:00 Until 19:00
      0  
      Rangers v Real Madrid
      Ibrox Stadium
      Friendly Match

×
×
  • Create New...