The Euros

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Denmarks home advantage worked well they lost 2 of their 3 group games :lol:

Tbf, in one of them, they'd just watched a team-mate almost die on the pitch so can probably give them a pass on that one.

Was the other Belgium?

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tbf, in one of them, they'd just watched a team-mate almost die on the pitch so can probably give them a pass on that one.

Was the other Belgium?

Yip better side as well but lost.

So didn't help them.

They still created chances after eriksen so it's not like they never went forward.

Then you have the 0 0 champions of the world who scored 1 goal and conceded 5 in their 2 home games 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Yip better side as well but lost.

So didn't help them.

They still created chances after eriksen so it's not like they never went forward.

Then you have the 0 0 champions of the world who scored 1 goal and conceded 5 in their 2 home games 

I'd suggest the fourth seeds in a group playing 2 of three games at home is a wee bit different from the top seeds playing all three at home. I'm sure if Scotland had actually made it through, folk would be on here saying it was only because they played at Hampden.

24 minutes ago, don logan said:

The narrative today is England were happy to try and defend their lead. That's rubbish. Italy bossed and controlledthe game after 30 minutes to the penalties. England simply couldn't match them.

I think the key was the 2nd half.

Mancini made early changes and pressed on. Southgate I think did send them out to park the bus and waited too late to make changes that could effect the game. 

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Why’s nobody mentioning Italy’s run of games in Rome? Aye, fair enough they’ve been given England in the Final at Wembley, but it’s got to be played somewhere. It’s a bizarre reach to claim the home advantage had an all dominating effect on their success before the final.

I’m not buying this insistence on painting a narrative that England got there on luck and not on merit. Italy were the best team in the tournament and deserved the win - that doesn’t mean England didn’t deserve to be in the final.

They absolutely did. Put the saltire down for a minute and appreciate the performances objectively.

I get the argument of England haven't played one of the big powerhouses in either tournament until Italy but it's hardly England's fault either.

In 2018 they faced Colombia in the L16 who won their group on merit. They would have faced Japan, Poland or Senegal if not Colombia. The only game in that round that featured two of the traditional big teams was France v Argentina. In the last 8 they faced Sweden who won Germany's group and they played Croatia in the semi who won Argentina's group. In theory it should have been Spain in there but they got knocked out by Russia who then lost to Croatia.

The same can be applied this year. Germany finished second on merit over the much fancied Portugal and France would needed to have gone out their way not to win the group. They played Ukraine who knocked out Sweden who won Spain's group on merit. Then played Denmark in the semi because Belgium only won their group (why would they go and do that?:lol:). Denmark beat the Czechs who knocked out a traditional power in Holland.

So in the last 3 years England have avoided Germany, Argentina, Spain x2 and Portugal based on their poor performances and results. England have kept steady, won their games and haven't fallen to any shocks!

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

The people whinging about players taking their losers medals off is doing my head in :lol:

I thought it was mainly weirdos on Twitter who normally don't watch football but even people on FF are complaining about it.

I was more disgusted by seeing the Tinpot Pirlo kissing his.

18 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Plus a shitebag manager didn’t help. 

Blew it big style against the Czech by being a shitebag and not going for it.

Ultimately he is adequate setting a team out not to get beat and being organised, disciplined, looks to get opportunities from set pieces.

Hopeless at going to win a game and putting teams under pressure.

No different to what he did at Killie.

2 minutes ago, ayro said:

Blew it big style against the Czech by being a shitebag and not going for it.

Ultimately he is adequate setting a team out not to get beat and being organised, disciplined, looks to get opportunities from set pieces.

Hopeless at going to win a game and putting teams under pressure.

No different to what he did at Killie.

Aye, Clarke has a use if you're back to the wall etc. The minute you need to actually go out and attack he's fucking clueless.

Just now, The Dude said:

Aye, Clarke has a use if you're back to the wall etc. The minute you need to actually go out and attack he's fucking clueless.

It’s his entire career does pretty well taking over a vacant gig, stabilises them and unfortunately for him expectations increase but he doesn’t have the vision to create as always worried about the clean sheet ‘staying in the game’ pish.

Ref was telling England to stop wasting time and get a move on before half time.

They got every advantage possible but, when the chance was there after a dream start, they stopped feeding Sterling, the one truly world class potential match winner in favour of relying on Kane winning dubious free kicks. When the ref eventually woke up and stopped giving them for fuck all, there was no Plan B, no going back through the gears.

Nobody knows how they would have got on against Belgium, France, Spain or even Switzerland but, if I had the choice, give me Ukraine and Denmark to beat every time.

Thank fuck the hype is over, at least for a year. Southgate taking off the captain of Liverpool so that he can instead burden a kid with such responsibility is so poor, it’s hard to believe he did it. And before anyone says “aye but he’s missed them for Liverpool”, it is a skill like every other and Southgate should have worked on it with him and the other cowards who ran when they needed penalty takers.

In fact he was (un)lucky to get them on at all because Italy could easily have held the ball for the last 90 seconds and the switch couldn’t have happened.

Their supporters abusing three young black players showed what they’re really like and I hope all three tell the FA where to shove their next call up.

England got what they deserved and the best team won the tourney.

Forza Italia 🥳

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I was more disgusted by seeing the Tinpot Pirlo kissing his.

You are better than this mate.

For Phillips to be 6 years ago coming through the Leeds Academy to make his debut at Championship level at 18 to now playing in the Euro 20 cup final is pretty special tbh.

He isn’t Pirlo but is a very good player with a big future.

14 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The people whinging about players taking their losers medals off is doing my head in :lol:

I thought it was mainly weirdos on Twitter who normally don't watch football but even people on FF are complaining about it.

Can you go in the Saka thread and tell them all to fuck up please, especially the dweeb that said he was their Brandon Barker

2 minutes ago, ayro said:

You are better than this mate.

For Phillips to be 6 years ago coming through the Leeds Academy to make his debut at Championship level at 18 to now playing in the Euro 20 cup final is pretty special tbh.

He isn’t Pirlo but is a very good player with a big future.

He's a good player but he's not even playing the same game as Pirlo yet. I hate the desperation to label players the Scottish Messi, Yorkshire Pirlo, etc.

8 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Ref was telling England to stop wasting time and get a move on before half time.

They got every advantage possible but, when the chance was there after a dream start, they stopped feeding Sterling, the one truly world class potential match winner in favour of relying on Kane winning dubious free kicks. When the ref eventually woke up and stopped giving them for fuck all, there was no Plan B, no going back through the gears.

Nobody knows how they would have got on against Belgium, France, Spain or even Switzerland but, if I had the choice, give me Ukraine and Denmark to beat every time.

Thank fuck the hype is over, at least for a year. Southgate taking off the captain of Liverpool so that he can instead burden a kid with such responsibility is so poor, it’s hard to believe he did it. And before anyone says “aye but he’s missed them for Liverpool”, it is a skill like every other and Southgate should have worked on it with him and the other cowards who ran when they needed penalty takers.

In fact he was (un)lucky to get them on at all because Italy could easily have held the ball for the last 90 seconds and the switch couldn’t have happened.

Their supporters abusing three young black players showed what they’re really like and I hope all three tell the FA where to shove their next call up.

England got what they deserved and the best team won the tourney.

Forza Italia 🥳

In fairness that’s a lot of shite.

England isn’t a racist country nor is the U.K. as a whole. Knuckle dragging scum taking advantage of the anonymity and indirectness of social media does not mean the entire England support are racists.

I’m unsure how that’s the fault of the FA either. The last thing those players should be doing is let people like that dictate their careers. They clearly love playing for their country and they’ll continue to do so, proudly.