The Euros

In hindsight, they most definitely should have went back to the studio quicker in what was an unprecedented moment.

But the people quick to complain are the ones continuing to watch??

Thank-you God for looking after the welfare of Christian Eriksen and to the heroic medical staff.

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

Thank fuck,

was just saying to the wife your watching a professional athlete super fit collapse with what looks like a fit or a heart condition and I'm sitting on the couch eating a chip shop scares the shit out of you

To be fair, it's looking more and more like being a top level athlete is not all that good for you.

Being fit is one thing, but these guys are pushing their bodies to the absolute limits.

If it's not heart attacks, it's dementia later in life.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Imagine being a Denmark player having to form a circle around your friend like that. Hard to comprehend how horrible that must have been

Couple of them looked distraught and couldn’t even face him, understandably. Awful for them as well

Just now, Sparkle said:

His poor wife there, she was distraught and no wonder. Goes without saying I wish him all the best.

Some things cameras shouldn't show, I absolutely worship Mrs Wellhouse and she feels the same (I hope), but fuck having life threatening stuff like this played out online,hopefully this young man makes a full recovery, 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be fair, it's looking more and more like being a top level athlete is not all that good for you.

Being fit is one thing, but these guys are pushing their bodies to the absolute limits.

If it's not heart attacks, it's dementia later in life.

Absolutely

Just now, Siam69 said:

I had two cardiac arrests, died twice, but it was in hospital, and luckily they were able to get me back as well. 

Not like what just happened on the pitch.

My mates's started calling me 'jump start' :lol:

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

I had two cardiac arrests, died twice, but it was in hospital, and luckily they were able to get me back as well. 

Not like what just happened on the pitch.

My mates's started calling me 'jump start' :lol:

Thing is mate, you’re still here for the banter and that’s what matters. 👍

9 minutes ago, MaccabiDavid said:

Put it off about 39 minutes and turned it back to see everyone gathered around a player. Thought it might have just been an injury then seen a news notification on my phone to say he collapsed.

Absolutely terrible hope Christian is okay, totally heartbreaking. If the BBC showed the events following his collapse like zooming in when he’s fdown and showing his wife crying on the pitch that is totally disgraceful.

Yep they showed footage for at least 15 mins after he collapsed as if it was ok that the cameras weren’t trained on the player but you see hiim clearly getting CPR and they did show his wife. Utterly fucking disgraceful editorial decision and however made it should get the boot. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

In hindsight, they most definitely should have went back to the studio quicker in what was an unprecedented moment.

But the people quick to complain are the ones continuing to watch??

Thank-you God for looking after the welfare of Christian Eriksen and to the heroic medical staff.

I think it sounds like every broadcaster around Europe was the same.

Hope he recovers well now he is stable.