The Euros

Pretty overwhelming to watch that and now find out that he is okay. There is no way the coverage should have got to the point where we had to see someone getting CPR to then have to sit and hope he was alive.

That was like Grosjean at the F1 until he came out the fire and they cut straight away.

Just now, ianb1547 said:

a note to all....if ever in that position, you never stop until a doctors says so.

well done the medical teams

I was really thinking when watching it "he's gone.. no chance.".  Unbelievable he recovered from that.

The only positive to come from this is that if he turns out to have a defect or issue then there probably wasn't a better place for him to find out.  Still feel a bit shocked but delighted he is ok. 

Just now, ianb1547 said:

a note to all....if ever in that position, you never stop until a doctors says so.

well done the medical teams

Done 5 minutes in a first aid course. Had a thing going to see how long you could do it for. Arms were limp after it. 

Thank fuck they were able to use the defib on him. Bringing a defib on and not using it would've been it.

10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be fair, it's looking more and more like being a top level athlete is not all that good for you.

Being fit is one thing, but these guys are pushing their bodies to the absolute limits.

If it's not heart attacks, it's dementia later in life.

I don’t think the stats would back that up re the risk to top level athletes plus the dementia just now was really the old heavy footballs 

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

This game and the game tonight.

I don’t see why Belgium and Russia won’t go ahead now that he’s apparently stabilised mate. They’ll probably do a thing before hand to show support for him but I don’t see why it should be called off 

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

In hindsight, they most definitely should have went back to the studio quicker in what was an unprecedented moment.

But the people quick to complain are the ones continuing to watch??

Thank-you God for looking after the welfare of Christian Eriksen and to the heroic medical staff.

You don’t need the benefit of hindsight, it was as clear as day he was in serious trouble after the first 2 minutes. Will be interesting to see how other broadcasters handled it.

I’ll be very surprised if there were many who gave it 15 mins before deciding to cut.

As for watching it, I actually turned over, then turned back every now and again in the hope it would be studio updates.