Kevin Thomson

gazza27

9 hours ago, rangersross said:

McCann’s just started a job with a football agency. Don’t know any further details but that’s why he didn’t stay on at ICT, even though they wanted him to, so assume he’s not looking at managerial gigs in the short term. 

McCann has rejected invitations to speak with a few clubs so far (Falkirk and Dunfermline) as well as deciding against staying at Inverness. Think he's done with management for a while.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

McCann has rejected invitations to speak with a few clubs so far (Falkirk and Dunfermline) as well as deciding against staying at Inverness. Think he's done with management for a while.

I saw a couple of people saying online he’s going to take up a part-time job with us, coaching U16s, in addition to his football agency job. Wonder if there’s any truth in that. 

On 27/05/2021 at 17:47, rangersross said:

I said this on another thread: but is the Kelty owner one of us? Ferguson, Bob Malcolm, and now Thomson - they have the exact same approach to hiring staff that I have to signing coaches on Football Manager. Wonder if Lovenkrands will turn up as KT’s number two next. 

I am the same except I use the editor and bump all the stats up and get guys like Michael Mols/Numan in as a scout - Big Amorouso in as a coach along with Papa and Prso - I always bring Coisty back - in years past could bring back Walter- McDowell-Butcher-Woods-Goram lot of older guys and newer - Used to bring Walter back as a Director of Football and Ferguson as my Assistant or U-18 managers

Thommo told the Courier: “This is not a decision I took lightly.
“I’ve left a wonderful club that were incredibly good to me and, in turn, I’d like to think I was a good ambassador for Rangers.
“But ultimately, if I want to be the Rangers manager in the future — or a manager at the top level — then Kelty Hearts is a brilliant place for me to learn my trade.

“The manager [Gerrard] was brilliant with me when we spoke and he understands that I’ve got my own journey.
“His own journey was a huge step and a difficult thing for him. He left Liverpool, a club he loved and was close to his heart.
“He never knew anything different from Liverpool but still walked away from an academy job there for an opportunity elsewhere.
“Of course, he was joining Rangers, which is a different proposition from me joining Kelty Hearts.
“But I’ve also made a decision to leave a club I love, where I was respected by the players, staff and — I’d like to think — the fans.
“That’s my journey, my path.
“I always believed that I had the right demeanour and mentality to be a top manager one day, and I’m not sure I can get there by spending too long in an academy.
“It’s a risk but everything is a risk in life — and I’m a risk taker. I’m not scared of that.”
Thomson revealed he had a good chat with new Alloa boss Ferguson before agreeing to succeed him at Kelty.

He added: “The foundations Baz and Bob Malcolm have laid speak volumes.
“I’ve had a good few chats with them and have obviously been talking to Barry for a long time.
“Even when Barry was still the Kelty manager and no-one knew he would leave, I was speaking to him about the job was doing here and what a great club and structure is in place.
“I’d say Barry’s endorsement is probably the defining factor in me coming here.”

On 29/05/2021 at 14:51, NorthernLights said:

Good luck to him. Great bloke and loved watching him play. Good provide some good links for our kids 

Exactly this. good experience for our youngsters sending them somewhere we know they will be looked after with a top ex pro coach. hoping we start a working relationship and send our youngsters their way and have first dibs on any talent they may bring through.