Welcome to Rangers, John Lundstram.

43 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Another positive is the boy is 27 and no doubt must have had offers for EPL teams and we've managed to sway him. 

How is there no doubt about that?

Guy struggled in the worst team in the league last year.

Doubt clubs were queueing up to sign him.

7 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

How is there no doubt about that?

Guy struggled in the worst team in the league last year.

Doubt clubs were queueing up to sign him.

SU were doing well 2019/20 season, he cemented his place in the team and was their POTY. SU were shite last year, he didn't sign a new contract (ran it down) and their fans think he's shite now. Do the maths. :sarcasm:

17 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

As I recall Laudrup pretty much downed tools in his last year with us. Happens when your heart is no longer in it.

An EPL level midfielder for free is good business.

Our squad effectively downed tools after December two years running. 

Thing is , do we need a player that when things are not going well , goes in a huff and downs tools , the Bheasts from the East have enough in their team , but the lad deserves a chance , so will see what this season brings. 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t actually think Barton was that bad in the games he was allowed to play in. 

He was pish. No goals, assists or even a decent tackle. Lego muncher had him in his back pocket in the OF game too. We would have been better off playing a youngster.

Surprised you didn't have him down as a has-been within 5 minutes of play mate.  

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He was pish. No goals, assists or even a decent tackle. Lego muncher had him in his back pocket in the OF game too. We would have been better off playing a youngster.

Surprised you didn't have him down as a has-been within 5 minutes of play mate.  

Probably said it at the time in fairness :lol: 

Biggest joke was Warburton allowing him to effectively not have a preseason. Never really got going. 

15 hours ago, Number5 said:

No you're probably right.

Gutted about this signing now I think about it.

:lol:

It's a good signing.

Just don't see the need to try and pretend we beat a host of EPL teams to his signature 

1 hour ago, Angus1965 said:

Thing is , do we need a player that when things are not going well , goes in a huff and downs tools , the Bheasts from the East have enough in their team , but the lad deserves a chance , so will see what this season brings. 

He was getting paid 4K a week and outperforming multi millionaires in the premier league tbf.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t actually think Barton was that bad in the games he was allowed to play in. 

I think that was wishful watching mate. He was a disaster and was so poor. He thought he was Billy bug bawz but there was nothing about his game that was good. Hamilton midfield ran over him. 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Probably said it at the time in fairness :lol: 

Biggest joke was Warburton allowing him to effectively not have a preseason. Never really got going. 

We spent preseason in America and he couldn’t travel due to his criminal record. The League Cup group stage thing was basically his pre season.

No excuse for him being pish mind you.

9 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

We spent preseason in America and he couldn’t travel due to his criminal record. The League Cup group stage thing was basically his pre season.

No excuse for him being pish mind you.

He was signed up with Talksport or somecunt to do the Euros so he wouldn't have been anywhere near our pre season regardless he was pish. 

People may question the attitude of Lundstram but when your potentially the best player on your team and you've got boys like Mcburnie probably getting 100k a week while your sitting on 4k I would imagine it becomes quite frustrating, once he has heard he can come and win things at Rangers or stay in the Championship with Sheffield then its a no brainer. 

3 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

He was signed up with Talksport or somecunt to do the Euros so he wouldn't have been anywhere near our pre season regardless he was pish. 

People may question the attitude of Lundstram but when your potentially the best player on your team and you've got boys like Mcburnie probably getting 100k a week while your sitting on 4k I would imagine it becomes quite frustrating, once he has heard he can come and win things at Rangers or stay in the Championship with Sheffield then its a no brainer. 

Naw. 

10 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Nobody was getting more than 30k a week from reports