*****Official Dundee Hibs v The Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I can only go with the stuff I've read about him. Read stuff he can play deep but he can be also play in advanced positions ahead of a midfield 2 and create chances. He's also likes to get shots off. 

Sounds ideal for us but have to wait and see if he can be signed.

I can't see how he would fit into our system without a change in formation.

4 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I can't see how he would fit into our system without a change in formation.

We played really with a 4-2-3-1 last week. Something like below could work for us just an example.

Davis Kamara 

Roofe Veerman Kent 

Morelos 

We were using hagi similar role end of last season. 

From what I've read again he's quite versatile so he could drop back for extra cover in defence and push on in attack.

56 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Mate, that’s my argument. Think we’re on the same page. We need a player to help penetrate. Not just to wear them down as we try to do right now. Teams in Scotland now know what we are all about. We need to adapt. 

I think either roofe, hagi or arfield completely throw united shape to fuck today the way they play, unfortunately two were absent for reasons and one gerrard didnt use

I do think a lot of the criticism of the players today is harsh given this system has been drilled into them for 3 years now, and it was the system that let us down more

If your going to lose, then I supose this is the time to do it, gets the invincible albatross out of the way!

That said far too many players well off the pace, Kent, Goldson and Lundstram really poor, the rest not much better.

Tuesday night being a whole different tin of beans, any Rangers player not up for that should be fired from a cannonin into the clyde.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Bin tha bastard.

Fucking 112 mins is enough time 

Lundstram looked crap last season with Sheffield Utd.   I posted at the time he was signed that I was underwhelmed.  Seen nothing to change that view.   I can't understand why Gerrard persevered with him for so long today and for the whole game last Tuesday.  

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Heard they rested 7 or 8 players?

Just checked their lineup, they started the game with about 5 or 6 players rested, but they’ve brought them all on for the second half (Colak, Christiansen, Innocent, Birmancevic)

Only two starters that haven’t played at all are Berget and Nielsen. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Yes Malmo have a few regulars on the bench and have now brought on 4 of them  in the 2nd half.  They have had 7 attempts at goal none on target.  70 mins still no score.    I had hoped that Tuesday was a wake-up call but today was probably worse.  Both games we had majority of possession without really looking like scoring.  Huffing and puffing without any real penetration.

20 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Just checked their lineup, they started the game with about 5 or 6 players rested, but they’ve brought them all on for the second half (Colak, Christiansen, Innocent, Birmancevic)

Update, they brought on Berget in the 77th minute.

By the way, this isn’t some dead rubber for Malmö. If they draw this, they’ll be level on points at the top with Djurgardens who have a game in hand, so they’ll be keen to win this.

9 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Update, they brought on Berget in the 77th minute.

By the way, this isn’t some dead rubber for Malmö. If they draw this, they’ll be level on points at the top with Djurgardens who have a game in hand, so they’ll be keen to win this.

Just finished 0-0.

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

Are you taking the piss man hahahahahahaha

It's a sad day when lunatic wannabe body language experts get any creedence on here. 

It would have made no difference whatsoever if SG ranted and raved for 90 mins.  If it did we'd replace him with a random supporter and save a fortune in wages.

We got beat and as painful as that is SG takes responsibility for it, we adjust things and move on.

55 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

42 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Worrying. They’ll be fresher. I wouldn’t expect the starting lineup on Tuesday to change drastically; maybe Hagi and Sakala in at the start.

21 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Worrying. They’ll be fresher. I wouldn’t expect the starting lineup on Tuesday to change drastically; maybe Hagi and Sakala in at the start.

I watched the last 5 or 10 minutes of their match, and they looked quite slow and ponderous, Halmstads were controlling the game and could have easily won it.