***** The Official Champions Vs Malmo Match Thread*****

kelvd1873

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Well done mate, they love you @BlueVanguard

Well some of them do, there’s others claim you’re a racist 

E35B9590-610C-4EA2-AFAD-1333F837ACFA.jpeg

Always amazes me how racist abuse is where they draw the line but Jock Stein turning a blind eye to weans getting nonced is a-okay. Same with Tommy Burns. 

Catholics, eh? 

Lundstram has not impressed me so far. Hope he is on the bench and we go with our tried and trusted players.

Alfredo has not had much game time recently but he looks fit enough. He must lead the line.

In midfield we are going to miss Kamara but it is what it is.

Hope for a big night and a positive result. An early goal will rock the Swedes.

2 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

I'd be tempted to use Aribo in the front 3 and start Hagi in the midfield 3 to create a bit of space for Hagi to play in, but while Aribo might not be perfect defensively for a midfield 3 I think he might be more suitable than Hagi in there. Tough balance to strike, but I think both need to start regardless.

I'm no fan of him in a midfield 3 but he can't be any worse than Lundstram has been in there for us. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I'm no fan of him in a midfield 3 but he can't be any worse than Lundstram has been in there for us. 

Will be a big test of Lundstram's ability and mentality if he plays. Have a suspicion he might, but I'd be looking at Arfield, Davis and Aribo or Hagi as the 3.

We can't possibly play with effectively 3 sitting midfielders tonight, we need someone to draw people out by running at them from deeper. That was a huge issue on Saturday, I know Malmo are a different team and much better than DU but the same principle applies regardless especially at home.

We need to come flying out at them tonight, don't give them time to settle.  Couple before half time and they're gone.

As much as they'll expect it, doubt many will be able to handle the intensity if both the players and the fans are at it.  As Stevie said, the fans will play a big part, time for everyone to get right behind the boys and keep it going for the entire match. That includes everyone on here not able to get a ticket.

Confident we'll do this

6 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Gutted I could not get a ticket. Do you think there will be spares at the pub?

FYI

Don’t know if been posted already but there  were forged QR code tickets printed out on A4 sheets at the Livi game, bears were being turned away at turnstile.  

Wouldn't be surprised if Balogun starts ahead of Helander tonight. Also got a feeling Gerrard might go with Arfield in the middle 3 then choose between Hagi and Aribo for the right side 10. 

Sadly Lundstram will start out of necessity. If we had Kamara or Jack available he would be benched. Would like it if Kelly started and play the double pivot in midfield with Davis. Anyone but Lundstram tbf.

I'll be just glad to see Ibrox fucking bouncing before kickoff. Make it the loudest it's ever been.

We want a right sided midfielder that can get forward and offer cover to the RB effectively. Why not Tav with Patterson at RB tonight. Some will say the game's too important to experiment but to me with Aribo or Hagi up front it's the ideal line-up on the right for this match. Doubt it will happen though. 

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Aribo sometimes struggles when playing defensive midfield, whereas when he has licence to push on he comes alive. Think this lineup could be too big an ask for Davis tbh.

Perhaps but I feel they could be overwhelmed by Hagi , Aribo, & the front 3 which could bring us early goals

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

We want a right sided midfielder that can get forward and offer cover to the RB effectively. Why not Tav with Patterson at RB tonight. Some will say the game's too important to experiment but to me with Aribo or Hagi up front it's the ideal line-up on the right for this match. Doubt it will happen though. 

Decent shout but as you say too big a game to experiment.