***** The Official Champions Vs Malmo Match Thread*****

kelvd1873

4 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Maybe no but I think I'd prefer Wright's directness although either Aribo or Hagi  would have the trickery to be effective later on.

Just prefer to see both those players more central but the gaffer disagrees so likely you may well be right.

I don’t disagree. Kent should be providing the directness driving at goal but right now he is wretched.

32 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Like others I have concerns about tonight’s game because we have been poor in the last 2 games. Sadly I expect Lundstram to start. Anyway I’m looking forward to be being back at Ibrox since Leverkusen last March. Hope the players are up for it from start to finish. Come on the Champions I 

I don't think he will start tonight. I have feeling manager goes with tried and tested tonight with Hagi back in

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Helander Barasic 

Davis Arfield

Hagi 

Aribo Morelos Kent 

Shagger 

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic 

Lundstram Davis 

Aribo Hagi Kent 

Morelos 

no need to fear these ikea loving bastards. The sluggish start to the season can all be forgotten with a 90 minute performance. 
full trust in the players to step up and reassert ourselves as a European threat.

3-0

I’d just go fuck it all out attack them. Tell Aribo he needs to stick to his defensive duties first and help Davis out and then at certain times tell him to him to bomb forward. He’s shown he can cover his defensive duties whilst playing at left back.

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Helander Barisic

Davis Aribo

Wright Hagi Kent

Morelos

Ideally you would have the likes of Lundstram at CM but he’s shown himself to be gash so far.

I realise there is zero chance of this being the lineup but I fear with the likes of Arfield & Lundstram in their current form starting we have zero chance of winning the midfield battle unfortunately.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Sounds great going forward. My concern is them hitting us on the break and carving open an overly attack minded midfield before we got a goal. 

They get the 1st, we've got problems.

Totally agree however faint heart never won important match 😁

30 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Shagger 

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic 

Lundstram Davis 

Aribo Hagi Kent 

Morelos 

no need to fear these ikea loving bastards. The sluggish start to the season can all be forgotten with a 90 minute performance. 
full trust in the players to step up and reassert ourselves as a European threat.

3-0

I think that's the line up we will go with. 

Hagi is ideal in these games, always a creative threat. We definitely need to at them from the start, we can't afford not to turn up from the first whistle.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Not saying Gerrard should but tactically he can play a much higher line with Balogun.

Rather play our best players. I don’t think it will come down to playing a high line tonight. Plus Balogun is just back from a niggle. Midfield and team need to move the ball with pace / urgency. That’s been the main issue last couple of matches. Too slow, lack of penetration, players not making the right angles / movement.